Engineering Leadership Development Program
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Engineering Leadership Development Program (ELDP) is an intense two year program for people who have a passion for technology, a drive for technical excellence, and share Xylem's desire to solve the world’s toughest resource challenges. The program is designed to accelerate professional development through technical and leadership training and a variety of business-critical assignments. If you love technology and want a career in engineering, the Xylem Engineering Leadership Development Program is for you!
The Engineering Leadership Development Program is a two-year program consisting of three rotational assignments which are driven by real business priorities. The program includes Continuous Improvement training, formal presentations to senior leadership, and valuable leadership training. The Rotational assignments are intended to provide a broad exposure within Xylem (Engineering, Operations, Product Management, Project Management etc.) leading to successful off program placement.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Plan and perform assigned tasks within the framework of program rotation
- Complete assignment objectives on schedule, within budget, with higher than expected quality while maintaining accuracy and thoroughness
- Demonstrate ability to understand and apply engineering fundamentals in the business environment
- Demonstrate analytical / problem solving skills.
- Propose new analyses, techniques and methodologies with respect to specific area of responsibility where applicable
- Complete program training including continuous improvement training
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Agriculture Engineering or Data Analytics
- GPA greater than or equal to 3.0/4.0 overall
- Strong commitment to a career in technology and a passion for engineering
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to lead and work in teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior internship, co-op or research experience
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $70,000 to $85,000 plus bonus. At Xylem, it is not typical for an individual to start at the top end of the range for the role however compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.