Regional Product Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Regional Product Manager, Water Metrology and Systems. Sensus is a market leader in delivering Smart Infrastructure solutions to water, gas and electric utilities, and municipalities in the global market. These end to end solutions are comprised of sensors and control devices (such as meters); secure robust communications networks; software applications and analytical capabilities; and a full suite of complimentary services. The Regional Product Manager is responsible for managing, growing and driving profitable business within the Emerging Markets region for the Sensus Water Metrology and Systems product line. This role will provide input into the regional product and new product development plans as well as working closely with the sales and marketing teams to implement the plans. In addition the Regional Product Manager will provide technical product support, application assistance, and product training to sales teams to ensure deep understanding and customer satisfaction and conducting competitor analysis.
- Manage portfolio, life cycle, and product road maps for the Sensus Water Products and Solutions in the Emerging Market Region
- Responsible for regional product launch plans working in collaboration with Vertical/Product Marketing teams.
- Specifies market requirements and market and technology trends for current and future products by conducting product related market research supported by Voice of Customer received through customers visits
- Champions new products through the Xylem New Product Development process.
- Monitors competition with respect to market performance, product portfolio and product performance
- Provides input into product & NPD plans - market, sales forecast, customer needs, etc.
- Maintains and evaluates market research on competitors, markets and technology trends.
- Drives targeted growth and profitability for the product lines working closely with sales team.
- Participates in technical meetings, conferences, workshops, industry days, trade shows and association events
- Provides day to day product support
- Participates in regional technical meetings, conferences, workshops, industry days, and trade shows
- Understands customer needs and feed this infomation into the Global Product Management organization
- B.S./B.A. degree with ten years of field sales/product engineering/customer applications experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
- A minimum of 5 years previous experience in product management in an industrial equipment environment
- Demonstrated experience working in an international environment in a matrix organization
- Demonstrate excellent computer, communication, presentation, management and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem-solving skills in order to effectively work with customers, business partners, staff and management from a variety of skill levels as well as different authority levels.
- Ability to understand technical issues and understand impact on projects, and effectively communicate these issues and impact to direct reports as well as other project stakeholders.
- Flexibility in terms of dealing with changing priorities and dealing with multiple projects simultaneously.
- Fluent in English; multi-lingual capabilities desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Be a self-starter with high motivation skills