Document Control Coordinator
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
We are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through our Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues. Innovation, diversity and inclusion are also key to our culture.
Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. We develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Document Control Coordinator. This position is responsible for administration of the change control system consisting of initiating and tracking all incoming, in-process, and completed Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), tracking all associated supporting documentation, and following up to ensure the changes are completed and documentation is properly closed out. Compliance to the document and revision control processes is essential while carrying out this function.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage the process of change control by publishing and controlling document and data content created by users.
- Support the coordination, preparation and implementation of controlled materials/documents via Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) ensuring 100% completeness and accuracy.
- Drive engineering changes to completion (where applicable) engaging users for content and signatures per their responsibilities.
- Maintain accurate records of all in-process Engineering Change Orders (ECOs).
- Provides end-users notification and status updates on their requests via email and task management system (Asana).
- Execute product data changes in Oracle ERP system ensuring 100% accuracy inclusive of manufacturer part numbers, item/drawing numbers, bills of material (BOMs), cost approvals, routings, configurator BOMs, etc.
- Maintain revision control of product documentation electronic files on company network. Organization and management of electronic files.
- Support compliance initiatives and/or take part in mass data updates in ERP system as necessary.
- Responsible for managing Product Discontinuation efforts in ERP as necessary.
- Maintain and/or create process documents (standard work) for change controls.
- Create and/or maintain forms and templates for documentation control.
- Manage the change workflow, which is the vehicle to execute the request for changes.
- Work with the team to implement process improvements and revise standard work to facilitate the change process.
- Perform training for users in document control processes and forms and troubleshoots issues as necessary.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Associate degree from accredited college/university or equivalent experience
- Requires a minimum 2-4+ Years’ experience in product data management, documentation management, manufacturing, planning, or quality role in change control environment.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office software, knowledge of electronics and/or CAD programs a plus.
- Working experience with ERP systems (Oracle experience preferred) and Engineering Changes
- Experience with Continuous Improvement efforts inclusive of Lean principles, Kaizen events, and 5S is preferred.
- Decision making, dependability, accountability
- Effective organizational skills - the ability to multi-task, manage time, and prioritize workload effectively.
- Analytical thinking ability – able to identify causes and effects of actions and can determine a resolution, maintaining a sense of urgency.
- Follow up and follow through with tasks to make sure they are complete and done correctly, completely, and accurately.
- STRONG attention to detail
- Teamwork and collaboration with all levels of the organization.
- Flexibility and willingness to step out of comfort zone, welcoming new challenges to go above and beyond to support the team and goals.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Trusted and respected by others - Take ownership of tasks and responsibility to get things completed.
- Looks for and offers better ways complete tasks more quickly and accurately. Identifies inefficiencies that can be improved.
- Self-starter – take initiative to create and implement solutions without assistance and have a “get it done” attitude.
- Willingness to learn new skills and successfully manage change process
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.