1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
AWS Cheektowaga (StandardXchange), a Xylem brand, provides heat transfer solutions for the industrial and commercial markets.
The Heat Transfer team is seeking a 2nd shift assembler for its engineered product line. The ideal candidate must be able to read and interpret blueprints, specifications, and work instructions to assemble shell and tube heat exchangers.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of practices and techniques, principle of application and operation of various types of equipment, tools, fixtures and instruments, and the ability to plan and execute difficult work.
- Plans and carries out all tasks related to assembling, testing, and flushing “engineered” product. Engineered product is defined as all that work assigned to or redirected to be built in Dept. 26.
- Verifies material is correct (quality, type, etc.) prior to the start of assembly.
- Assembles, tests and flushes units to and parts conform to drawings, special instructions, procedures, etc.
- Cut, prepare, assemble, and mount piping sub-assemblies.
- Mount units as required to skid assemblies.
- Obtains parts, fixtures, and tools necessary to erect assigned units.
- Lay out, cut, and install gaskets as required.
- Ensures unit/part cleanliness per specification, customer requirement and/or procedure prior to releasing to paint/packaging.
- Rig and operate crane, handcart, etc. to handle, move, and position parts and/or units within or between departments.
- Assist in the loading, painting, and packaging of units/parts as directed/required.
- Drains, dries, or otherwise prepares units and parts for painting and packaging.
- Sign off on paperwork per procedure or as directed to indicate operator has checked his/her work and it conforms to the applicable fabrication documents and to maintain status of fabrication.
- Verify all gauges and measuring tools are within proper calibration dates.
- Lubricate and clean tools/equipment daily.
- Perform daily safety checks on power vehicles and record findings on checkoff sheets.
- Observe all safety and shop rules.
- Each person is responsible for the quality of work and inspection, checking to ensure that all product or pieces meet specifications and quantities without deviation and report any such deviations.
- Assists and/or train new employees in job classification.
- Maintain good housekeeping and safe environment throughout work area, sweeps area, clears debris, arranges product, etc. daily to assure this. Notifies supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Degree or GED
- Must have 1 year of manufacturing assembly experience
- Pass a written test
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Lifting (30-35 lbs.), manufacturing floor environment
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees daily.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Manufacturing floor environment
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
**This position can be based and performed in any location in the United States, except Colorado**