Product Manager - Water Software Solutions
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
At Xylem, we build technology to that ensure water delivery and collections systems can be managed sustainably, now and for years to come. Digital Solutions is a growing distributed team within Xylem focused on developing software as a service (SaaS) solutions that help utilities solve some of their toughest and most important challenges, from affordability and equity to climate change resilience.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: As a key contributor to the Digital Solutions Product Management Team, you will help lead product teams, ensuring that Xylem utility software solutions meet both customer and business needs.. You will work closely with UX, Engineering, and Data Science to understand the pain-points and needs of water professionals, translate user research into prioritized requirements, drive product roadmaps, and deliver projects on time and budget. You will be the glue that binds together multiple distributed teams with different focuses, clients, and priorities, making sure that development stays focused on meeting core user and business needs.
About you: You are comfortable working with diverse, geographically distributed teams in both large, established organizations and more startup-like environments. You have innate curiosity and deep empathy: by speaking with someone for half an hour, you can understand their core concerns, motivations, and what would be necessary to create value for them. You are passionate about building game-changing software and excited to apply your skills in order to revolutionize how one of the earth’s most precious resources is managed and delivered.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Work with a diverse array of colleagues and stakeholders to develop a shared, customer-centered vision for integrated utility software solutions.
- Manage roadmaps and prioritized backlogs for select Xylem software solutions
- Perform foundational user research to understand client needs and gather product requirements.
- Participate in software product development from conception to launch: work day-to-day with multiple, distributed development teams to oversee the flow of technical work, including participating in routine Agile meetings (standups, sprint planning, etc.)
- Work with Marketing, Sales, and Business Development to formulate go-to-market plans and sales collateral
- Travel as needed (in the US and international)
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 1-2 years of experience in a product management role, with a track record of managing software products from inception to launch
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices
- Familiarity and/or experience with user research (foundational/discovery methodologies, usability studies, persona development, etc.)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong organization, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Kindness and empathy towards customers andcolleagues – we deeply value our culture of modest awesomeness and hope you can contribute to it!
- Experience working in the utility space, or using software solutions aimed at utilities
- Experience working with remote/distributed teams across multiple countries and time zones
- International experience/exposure: time spent living, working, and/or studying outside of the US
- A technical background (hardware engineering, software development, data science, etc.)
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.