Overview of Xylem
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Mechanical Engineer who performs research, design and development in such areas as mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, thermodynamic, or heat transfer for production, transmission, measurement, and use of energy. Define planning and methodologies to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Perform mechanical design and simulation in the Product Development area and for the different product lines (new projects and current products optimization). This includes mechanical calculations, various simulations, prototypes testing and drawings execution.
- Support other Engineers in product mechanical components definition and qualification activities.
- Support Application Engineers and After Sales Engineers in identifying potential application issues and solutions.
- Perform technical assistance to Sales Support, Product Managers, Manufacturing, Quality
- Prepare and manage performances product data for literature as well as manufacturing/sourcing purposes (database, selection software, catalogues)
- Support functional manager in processing certification requirements, submission and documentation.
- Support other Product Engineers in: material selection, material analysis, analysis of product failures related to material issues.
- Participate in team activities related to product performances improvement, cost reduction and quality improvement.
Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.
- Mechanical engineering degree (Laurea Magistrale - 5 years).
- Good spoken and written English is required.
- Fluent in Italian is a must
- Knowledge of CAD 3D software (PTC Creo in particular).
- Solid in utilizing the Microsoft Office suite of tools (including Access).
Additional preferences for a specific position.
- Three-five years of experience in the turbo-machinery industry would be preferred.