Applications Engineer (Remote)
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
“Xylem seeks to hire an Applications Engineer to support the UK Strategic Bid Manager, the process led Applications Engineer is responsible for the preparation of high quality, competitive tenders for multiple processes, products and services in order to meet business targets, follow up sales work and support with negotiating and communicating with customers.
The Applications Engineers role will include working with Xylem core product and process offerings in order to design and select products for core offerings along with small, medium and large “Package” projects with multi-disciplined project proposals and solutions.
- Tendering Schemes £1K - £5M
- Tendering ~10 schemes per month
- Preparation of bid quote workbook and identification of DOA requirements.
- Department Sales Target Approx. £20m
- Review of client specifications.
- Development of package system solutions to undefined client outcomes using engineering and product application knowledge and expertise.
- Co-ordination and preparation of standard product and multi process designs to client’s specifications and requirements.
- Liaison with engineering team regarding system design and preparation of tender design deliverables.
- Liaison with purchasing team regarding preparation and issue of supplier enquiries and subsequent analysis of bids
- Co-ordination and preparation of proposal documentation along with associated supporting information to client’s specification and contractual conditions e.g. NEC3 and iChemE.
- Co-ordination and support of DoA processes to seek bid price agreement with management team
- Site Visits and audits to establish project needs in order to assist bid development
- Customer visits to end users and contractors in order to understand tender requirements during the bid.
- Post bid customer meetings to complete technical and commercial bid reviews.