Apprentice Mechanical Fitter
To achieve a suitable level of competence related to the practical and theoretical aspects of pump manufacture and assembly of these units into various configurations dependent on customer requirements. This will be achieved by on site mentoring and training coupled with external theoretical course work.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Interpreting Engineering Drawings.
- Following and implementing standard build procedures.
- Measuring, checking and documenting key tolerances.
- Correct use of essential measuring and special tooling to assemble and fit pump equipment.
- Safe use of overhead cranes, jib cranes and associated lifting equipment.
- Adherence to all aspects of safety and continuous improvement.
- Required to undertake other duties that may be deemed necessary as part of your training.
- Undertake hydrostatic testing and product finishing duties
- Self- motivated.
- Team player.
- Self- disciplined.
- Good communication skills
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- G.C.S.E Grade 4 and above (old Grade A – C) in Math’s, English language
- Other desirable qualifications are ICT & Science
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To be able to lift objects with a gross weight of 20kgs
- Able to manoeuver large pump components and test bed accessories with the assistance of cranes to perform ones duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work in close proximity to spray paint booths.
- Work in dynamic test area, diesel fuel, oils, greases, recirculated water and loud engine noise levels requiring mandatory hearing protection and PPE area.
Standard weekly job hours: 38 hours per week Monday to Thursday 7.30 AM-4.30 PM (1/2 hour unpaid break) and Friday 7.30 AM-11.30 AM
Travel requirement: Must have own transport to commute to and from work and day release for college (if applicable).