1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Godwin, a Xylem brand, offers a broad product line of fully automatic self-priming pumps used in temporary and permanent applications. With a full range of diesel and electric pumps available to purchase or rent, Godwin pumps are used for dewatering and liquids transfer in mining, constructions, municipal and industrial projects around the world.
The Role: The Operator/Field Service role is responsible for loading/unloading equipment, installing and dismantling pumps, hoses, pipe and other pumping accessories on customer job sites or branch facilities. The Operator/Field Service role will also maintain a clean and orderly work site environment to enable the safe and efficient movement of workers and motorized equipment throughout the site.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Identify correct pipe, hose and fittings to fulfill rental and sales contracts.
- Inspect all items to ensure they are in proper condition for use. Identify equipment that is severely damaged or unsafe to use and notify supervisor to scrap.
- Work in cooperation with material handlers to safely load equipment on and off trucks and trailers. Be familiar with equipment weights to ensure proper lifting equipment is utilized and overloading is avoided.
- Understand strap ratings, rigging practices and tag lines. Utilize appropriate securement methods, i.e., chains, straps, etc. when loading equipment.
- Understand proper loading procedures for cribbing hose and pipe.
- Follow all safety processes and procedures and maintain a ‘Safety First’ approach when completing daily work tasks. Complete a Job Safety Assessment before beginning any job on a customer site.
- Assist in installing and dismantling pump systems on customer job sites. Know and understand uses for suction, discharge and flanged hose. Properly connect QD, C&G and flanged fittings.
- Utilize chain saws and other hand tools to properly cut and break down pipelines. Understand how and where to cut pipe to avoid spills, damage and excessive scrapping.
- Thoroughly inspect and evaluate condition of pipe, hose and fittings upon dismantling. Notify supervisor or site supervisor if any equipment is damaged
- Secure all items loaded on the truck for safe over-the-road travel in accordance with Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration (FMCSA) Federal Department of Transportation, and local Department of Transportation guidelines.
- Review all items to be delivered (or picked up) with customer to ensure completeness and accuracy. Obtain customer’s signature on Godwin Rental Contract paperwork.
- Maintain presence of all required driver (licenses, medical cards, etc.) documents at all times.
- Maintain log books with entries for driving, on-duty, etc. in accordance with DOT guidelines.
- Maintain mileage and fuel logs as required.
- Perform daily visual inspections of Godwin delivery equipment and documenting any items in need of service.
- Comply with all Godwin and customer safety requirements.
- Available for on-call off-hours assignments as necessary for emergencies
- Available for out-of-town and overnight travel, occasionally up to two weeks
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Valid state issued driver license
- Forklift certification preferred
- Knowledge and familiarity with the following:
- General yard equipment
- Godwin Pumps’ rental equipment and accessories
- Godwin Pumps’ paper work flow associated with loading/unloading equipment
- Capable of safely operating diesel powered hydraulic lifting equipment: i.e. forklifts, front end loaders, tow motors, etc.
- Ability to safely and effectively operate a company vehicle for extended periods of time throughout cities, job sites, major highways and interstates (including tunnels and bridges) and in all weather conditions
- Prior pipe fusion experience with pipe diameters ranging from 4 inches to 36 inches.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.)
- Safely use full range of physical motions associated with general labor work continually throughout 8 hours
- To include walking, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting, climbing
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Shop environment, travel required, work on equipment used in water and wastewater industry
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
EOE including disability and veteran