Lead Project Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Lead Project Manager to lead the Sensus Project Management Team, using the appropriate tools, standards, processes and administrative support to ensure all Sensus related Project Management activities are performed efficiently, promptly and effectively.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Responsible for for project delivery within the GB Smart Metering Programme within the energy sector. This involves the monitoring and management of work delivered through Sensus USA
- Responsible for for project delivery for Smart Metering Programmes within the Water sector
- Lead Project Management Team to meet customer contractual deliverables and obligations
- Agree, set and review individual and team goals throughout the year
- Manage any performance related matters
- Co-ordinate team resources appropriately to meet project deadlines and targets
- Build strong relationships within the Sensus and wider Xylem organisations to enable more effective delivery of projects
- Work closely with the Sensus Service Operation and Service Introduction teams in relation to new customer trials and overall Service Delivery
- Maintain Project Management Office processes and procedures to ensure support to current future project deliveries
- Manage the Project Management Teams Governance procedures
- Build and maintain Sharepoint sites to support future project deliveries
- Own the Project Management Teams Change Control processes
- Monitor and manage contract change, liaising with the GM for approval of changes
- Monitor Programme Risks, Issues and Dependencies and maintain the supporting documentation on Sharepoint
- Attend and contribute to internal and external customer meetings and help follow up on actions where required
- Attend meetings with the US Development team and help provide Release Management support where required
- Provide regular Project Management progress reports to the Senior Management Team
- Liaise with the Bid Management Team to ensure that Opportunities and trials are handed over to the Project Management Team with all of the required supporting documentation
- Support the Quality Manager to maintain the company’s ISO accreditation
- Prince 2
- Project Management experience
- Software development processes
- Product life cycle processes
- Service Delivery principles
- Technical ability to configure and maintain Sharepoint
- Project Management experience of large multi-national programmes and the management of diverse suppliers
- Knowledge of ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS1800, ITIL 3.0
- Experience of working and communicating with Senior Management