Field Electrical Mechanic with CDL
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Godwin, a Xylem brand, offers a broad product line of fully automatic self-priming pumps used in temporary and permanent applications. With a full range of diesel and electric pumps available to purchase or rent, Godwin pumps are used for dewatering and liquids transfer in mining, constructions, municipal and industrial projects around the world.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Laborer/Set-Up role to be responsible for loading and unloading pumps, hoses and other pump related accessories on and off of Xylem delivery trucks and third-party freight carriers. The Laborer/Set-Up will participate in setin also maintain a clean and orderly yard environment to enable safe and efficient movement of motorized loading equipment.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Identify and pull hose, pipe, fittings and pumps to fulfill rental and sales contracts.
- Utilize motorized equipment handling machinery to safely load equipment on and off trucks and trailers.
- Assist in securing load utilizing straps and chains.
- Ensure yard and loading areas are clear of debris and trash; accessories and equipment are organized and easy to access.
- Follow all safety processes and procedures and maintain a ‘Safety First’ approach when completing daily work tasks.
- Travels locally to mobilize/demobilize small pump systems on customer job sites. Ensures pipeline, pump equipment and accessories are installed according to specification.
- Operates fusion machine to build HDPE (high-density polyethylene) pipelines on customer site to connect the pumping system. Ensures pumping system and pipeline meet operational requirements.
- Participates in a rotating after hours on-call schedule to meet customer emergency at facility and when needed on customer sites.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Ability to follow directions and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work flexible hours in order to respond to customer emergencies
- Ability to read, write legibly and communicate effective with co-workers, supervisors/managers and customers both verbally and in writing
- Ability to read blue prints or other layout and design documents
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate diesel powered hydraulic lifting equipment, i.e., forklifts, front-end loaders, towmotors, telehandlers, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate small and large diameter fusion machines
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to diagnose and repair simple mechanical issues
- High school or general equivalency degree
- Prior experience in a construction or industrial work environment.
- Prior experience operating heavy industrial equipment
- Prior experience fusing HDPE pipe ranging from 2 inch to 48 inch
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record; Class A preferred or willingness to upgrade Class B license
- Forklift certification preferred
- Fusion machine certification preferred
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds)
- Full range of physical motions associated with general labor work continually throughout 8 hours
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Yard: continual exposure to all outdoor weather conditions; exposure to noise and fumes generated from motorized equipment
- Travel: as required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company
EOE including disability and veteran