- Develop a go-to-market strategy for the municipal market and key water utility accounts and size up the market opportunity, in close alignment with the Business Development & Marketing/Product Marketing team.
- Engage municipal end customers and consultants directly to get the Xylem brand(s) specified onto approved vendor lists, qualify opportunities and spec-in Xylem products and solutions early into project specifications
- Engage Contractors and EPCs (Engineering, Procurement and Contracting) who are involved in Municipal projects during the various stages of the project cycle e.g. design, bidding, evaluation, clarifications and negotiation/closing
- Where distributors are engaged, proactively manage the relationship to ensure transparency in communications, compliance and performance management.
- Build up an opportunity funnel/pipeline that should be at least five times the annual target orders
- Lead and drive the sales process for qualified opportunities all the way to receipt of Purchase Orders
- Use Salesforce exclusively as the CRM tool and ensure opportunity entries are consistently kept up-to-date.