Associate Product Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots.
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative, and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved, and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration, and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Associate Product Manager will work with Product Line Managers in execution of business and product strategy and to meet product line goals.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Support product line families
- Analyze market trends and competitor behaviors
- Work effectively in cross functional teams
- Develop and propose product strategies
- Product support literature & Customer communications (bulletins, brochures, etc.)
- Product line demand analysis
- Support Strategic planning for product families
- Support development of sales & marketing programs
- Support forecast/demand management activities
- Product pricing: price lists & strategy as assigned
- Manage product modifications: improvements/cost reductions
- Provide support on pricing activities
- Support analysis of product problems and failures
- Create material for and conduct product training
- Assist XPD, New Business Opportunities activities
- Assist in maintaining the product strategy
- Manage multiple deadlines
(Manager to provide additional responsibilities that is more organization/BU specific.)
- Drive and/or coordinate, and provide input for additionally assigned projects as required
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities.
(Job Function specific; simplified list with link to full description by Career Stage in MyHR.)
- Analysis & synthesis
- Inspiring accountability
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Market & product innovation
- Customer & market intelligence
- Bias to action
- Developing capability
- Project management skills
- External: Customers
- Internal: Customer Service & Sales teams; Business Development teams; Sustaining and Development Engineering; Operations/ Manufacturing; Quality Assurance
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience (work experience in product / market related discipline)
- Proficient / Intermediate skill in Microsoft Office Suite or equivalent
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Planning and execution capabilities
- Perform simple cost analysis / payback
- Ability to use internet as effective research tool
- Experience gathering and interpreting data
- Ability to analyze market trends and competitor behavior
- Mechanical / process reasoning capability
- Project Management familiarity
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Office Suite
- Build financial aspects of a business case
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Extended periods of sitting and working at a desk / computer
- Extended periods of sitting and / or standing in product test lab
- Lifting and moving of boxes of product, files, or related items
- Preparing samples for shipment – includes boxing / packing, labeling
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office environment
- Occasional Customer jobsite visits
- Occasional product test lab environment
- Standard weekly job hours: 40
- Travel requirement: 25%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.