Senior Financial Analyst
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Senior Financial Analyst. This position would be responsible for providing financial support for achieving performance goals for the North America Water Utilities team. Provides overall financial support for new initiatives, contingency planning, KBMs, process improvements, budget/strategic plan agenda items to maximize financial and operational performance. Assists as required and prepares special ad hoc financial analysis and presentations for management.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Support the overall budget and forecast for N. America Water Utilities with identification and communication of key risks and opportunities. (Key result: All variances from forecast, budget and prior year can be adequately explained, and improvements that can be made to enhance future forecast accuracy).
- Support the weekly outlook of orders and sales.
- Own the generation, distribution, and follow-up on various monthly financial reports with commercial leads.
- Calculate the quarter sales commissions and bonuses for direct sales reps and regional managers.
- Develop and manage cost center budgeting process and monthly reporting. Ensure cost center owners are adhering to budgets.
- Manage Headcount reporting/tracking ensuring changes are appropriately reflected in financial projections.
- Alignment of Fcst/Budget/AOP with Functional Leaders.
- Ad hoc reporting.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or financial/accounting with 5 years of business experience
- Must have a working knowledge of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“US GAAP).
- Extensive experience and skills in Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Must be able to travel 10% of the time across North America.
- Must have the ability to engage business process owners in a direct yet professional manner, thoroughly evaluate business processes, and quickly identify potential control gaps.
- Requires demonstrated skill in written and oral communications and interview skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and HFM skills.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized. Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Ability to identify inefficiencies in existing processes and redesign accordingly as well as adapt to changing environment.
- CPA or working towards a CPA certification
- Business Objects and/or similar database query skills
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
EOE including disability and veteran