Outside Sales Representative
-the tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots
Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are a purpose-driven company, committed to creating economic and social value and to advancing sustainability across our customer solutions, company operations and culture, and humanitarian efforts in communities around the globe. Innovation, diversity and inclusion are also key to our culture.
Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. We develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
We are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through our Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
The Role: Godwin, a Xylem brand, seeks an Outside Sales Representative to cover an assigned territory for western Maryland and northern Virginia. They will utilize individual technical, communication and product skills to solve customer fluid handling problems and increase company business through the development of Godwin Dri-Prime® pumping systems and related pumping products, particularly as related to the rental of pumps in the construction and industrial field. Preferred candidates must live in the area.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Expand the sale and rental of the Godwin Dri-Prime® Pump through establishing and maintaining customer contacts.
- Analyze and assess customers’ pumping needs.
- Recommend and design pumping systems to meet customers’ needs.
- Provide technical services and support to customers.
- Generate sales reports, bids, proposals and quotes.
- Participate in trade/professional shows and conferences as required.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering or relevant experience
- 2+ years of technical sales or sales related experience (pump industry preferred) in the Commercial/Municipal/Utility markets.
- Occasional overnight travel as required.
- Individual must possess a valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Have a high mechanical aptitude, superior customer service, computer and presentation skills, and have solid logical troubleshooting capabilities.
- Experience with pumps, mixers, electrical controls, hydraulics, and ability to read electrical and mechanical schematics is a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers, employees and management team.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and remain focused and organized.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and the use of computer applications.
- Previous experience with salesforce.com highly preferred
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Occasional heavy lifting (35 pounds); job site environment
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Intermittent exposure to job site conditions; e.g., gas fields, petrochemical refineries, mills, mines, construction sites, industrial/power plants, waste water treatment plants, etc.; intermittent exposure to shop noise and fumes.
- Standard office environment free of disagreeable elements.
- Travel as required to fulfill the duties listed above or as required by the Company
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.