1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Software Senior Developer I role will design, develop, modify and debug programs and software components in support of functional areas of the business depending on the functional group assigned (Sales and Marketing, Finance, ERP or Business Intelligence processing). The senior developer will assist with support and documentation for the applications assigned to the functional group. In addition, this developer will contribute to the release management of projects and assists with implementation of new Best Practice methodology.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assist in the Management, development, integration and implementation of related applications components, including front-end development, server-side development and database integration. May work with outside vendor(s) in the installation and configuration or software release versions integrated into the overall business systems platform.
- Assists in the analysis of existing programs or formulates logic for new systems. Devises logic procedures, prepares flowcharting, performs coding and tests/debugs programs.
- Develops conversion and system implementation plans. Prepares and obtains approval of system and programming documentation. Recommends changes in development, maintenance and system standards. Provides written design documents, test plans and test results.
- Works with other IT support levels and groups to trouble shoot technical issues. Assists in providing support to the user community during conversions and implementations of systems
- Create and maintain software programs and capabilities used to track organizational KPI's.
- Utilize organizational depart standards and processes
- Test software solutions
- Work in a multi-location team environment
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor Degree in MIS or CS preferred, or relevant concentration, with 2-3 years of experience; or Graduate Degree (Masters) in MIS or CS preferred, or relevant concentration, with 1-2 years of experience; or Relevant and equivalent business or IT experience of minimum of 3-4 years.
- Languages and skills : For Sales and Marketing Systems (VB.NET, ASP.NET, SQL Server, C#, Java, Web Services) – preferred.
- Technical-problem solving
- Innovative thinking
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Core cross-boundary collaboration
- Planning & process orientation
- System thinking
- Project leadership
- Core inspiring accountability
- Solution design
- Cross-boundary/cross cultural communication
- Customer solution orientation
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Work may require lifting less than 50 lbs.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- 10% or less
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.