Agile Product Owner
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The main purpose and mission of the Agile Product Owner is to, together with the agile product management team, identify needs from stakeholders/projects/solution areas, prioritize features in the program backlog, guide the work flow and develop product roadmaps. In this position, you will collaborate closely with other Product Owners, System Architects, Release Manager, Release Train Engineers, different stakeholder and of course the scrum teams.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Agile leadership and a deep understanding of what it means to conduct oneself as a servant leader
- Actively builds and works with cross-functional teams, and coordinate across departments to motivate development team members to deliver according to both internal and external deadlines
- Responsible for overall risk management as it relates to the project and the decisions made regarding system selection and implementation
- Actively seeks methods to enhance overall efficiency and performance. This can mean taking a more active role in day-to-day work within the project lifecycle such as Jira task prioritization or identifying cost-saving opportunities or business process changes at the organizational level
- Communicates between team members and departments during the project lifecycle to present findings to stakeholders
- Keeps open lines of communication with all clients to ensure that expectations are set development and delivery schedules are in line with both team’s needs
- Facilitates discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution while also getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitates and implements appropriate metrics and tracking of all work
- Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Ability to work as a part of a self-organizing scrum team in which you determine your tasks on a daily basis – that includes handling multiple tasks at the same time and working in a lively environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with different departments like IT and Product Management
- Exploring and analyzing business needs and turn them into development work
- Prioritize incoming work for the development team to balance short and long-time gains
- Long-term work on systems vision
- Advise and engage business organization and process owners in system usage
- Executing Iteration plans within a long-term Release plan
- Ensuring the team achieves the release goals and velocity within the scaled agile framework
- Responsible for identifying issues and unblocking the developers
- Responsible for leading sprint planning sessions, User Story decomposition to tasks that fully achieve the Definition of Done
- Working closely with stakeholders to drive requirements collection and the creation of release and sprint plans
- Please refer to Career Framework 'Marketing and Product Management'. Career Stage 2-4 depending on level of responsibility
- Product Management, SICOE and SWCOE’s, Sales and direct customers, Operations, Product development teams, Legal, Finance, Strategy, Regional- and Local Product Managers, Communications, Vertical Marketing, Managing Directors, Sales, Technical/Applications Support
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited institution or combination of education and work experience
- A minimum of 5 years previous experience in software development, Scrum master or agile coach certification a must
- Demonstrated experience working in an international environment in a matrix organization
- Demonstrate excellent computer, communication, presentation, management and analytical skills. Be able to resolve difficult technical and business issues. Be a self-starter with high motivation to achieve goals.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem-solving skills in order to effectively work with customers, business partners, staff and management from a variety of skill levels as well as different authority levels.
- Ability to understand technical issues and understand impact on projects, and effectively communicate these issues and impact to direct reports as well as other project stakeholders.
- Flexibility in terms of dealing with changing priorities and dealing with multiple projects simultaneously.
- Scrum master or Agile Coach certification
- Green Belt Certification
- Fluent in English; multi-lingual capabilities desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Be a self-starter with high motivation skills
- This position must be located in the continental United States. Office location varies.
- As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company
- Travel: International and Domestic travel required, up to 50%
- Misc: Exposure to undesirable field elements at mines, treatment plants, industrial facilities or contractors site when travelling
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.