Field Process Engineer
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: We are looking for a self-motivated Field Process Engineer to work at our Zelienople, PA location. He/She will conduct water and wastewater treatment studies by applying Xylem’s treatment product lines and combined solutions including licensed technologies from partner companies in combination with biological wastewater treatment (Nitrification & Denitrification) at selected testing sites. The candidate will execute product and process related validation and demonstration tests for various application of these new technologies. The candidate will manage pilot test activities in North and South America. In addition, the candidate will support pilot tests activities globally.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Operate, maintain and repair mobile and stationary pilot test equipment including pumps, mixers, instruments, valves, chemical delivery systems, control systems and other equipment associated with the company’s field testing units with a focus on new technologies.
- Support validation of the acquired technologies to understand limits of applicability.
- Conduct water analyses using bench top and process analysis equipment.
- Conduct water and wastewater treatment studies using bench scale lab equipment.
- Conduct assessments of full scale installations and prepare reports with process and mechanical recommendation.
- Conduct process startups and performance tests on full scale installations.
- Assemble and prepare pilot testing reports.
- Maintenance, commissioning of pilot plants and training of operators.
- Other associated duties that may be assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS in Chemical, Mechanical or Environmental Engineering preferably with experience or interest in the field of water & wastewater treatment. Recent college grads encouraged to apply!
- Experience desired in filtration and biological treatment technologies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel.
- Possess good written communication, oral communication and good reading comprehension skills in the English language.
- Prefer working knowledge of pumps, valves, instruments and understanding of electrical and control systems.
- Experience and knowledge of common hand and power tools.
- Understanding of safeguards and general working knowledge with 230/ 460 volt - 3 phase and 120/ 240 volt - single phase powered equipment.
- Ability to disassemble, repair and/ or replace malfunctioning equipment.
- Ability to travel as needed and to work and stay for certain duties abroad.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 50-75%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.