Reports to (Solid):
UK & Ireland Accounting & Compliance Manager
This role is to focus on the UK financial and statutory reporting requirements of the company. Ensuring a good control environment is present to allow timely and accurate information to be reported to the relevant organisations / internal customers including all GAAP / tax requirements for UK , Switzerland and U.S. Responsible for managing day-to-day accounting activities in accordance with the organization’s accounting policies and procedures with responsibilities for monthly reporting.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
• Preparation of the Extended Trial Balance in line with the UK accounting principles and the drafting of statutory accounts for the Dewatering entities.
• Responsible for preparation and submission of consolidated VAT returns for multiple entities.
• Responsible for EC Sales List and intrastat reporting for the Dewatering entities.
• Treasury management of the site including hedging, cash pooling, relevant currency accounting and bank reconciliations.
• Prepare and submit corporation tax packs for Actuals, forecasts, and Budget for Dewatering entities.
• Ensure timely processing of Fixed Asset, Treasury, Intercompany and other accounting activities.
• Responsible for DOA, SOX documentation, audits & gap closure within the site. Ensuring adequate audit preparation and timely responses, no major or repeat gaps and active follow-up and on-time closure of any identified gaps.
• Close coordination with Xylem Global Financial Shared Services (GFSS) to ensure efficient and timely processing of transactions including preparing bank reconciliation at closing.
• To work with Shared Services and Operations to ensure the Intercompany netting and reconciliations for the companies on site are agreed and reported on a timely basis.
• month-end closing activities including preparation of journal entries and use of One Stream to report financial statements for consolidation.
• Ensure appropriate and timely reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and ensure follow-up of any reconciling or adjusting items.
• Work closely with Operations team to ensure accurate & consistent mapping of local ledger accounts to One Stream.
• Support Xylem internal audit program by participating in balance sheet and SOX audits
• Work closely with UK & Ireland Accounting & Compliance leader and team members; key contact for all audit activities of Internal and External auditors.
• To undertake any other ad hoc duties as and when required to meet the varying demands of the business.
- External: External Audit, Consultants, Cognizant, Banks, HMRC.
- Internal: Europe finance team (especially Reporting, Operations, Commercial, Functional Support, and Finance CI leaders); Internal Audit; Financial Shared Services
- Relevant statutory accounts and tax experience and qualified or passed finalist ACA, ACCA
- Have experience of FRS102 / FRS101.
- Experience of drafting statutory accounts.
- Experience of preparing VAT returns, EC Sales list, intrastat and Corporation tax calculations
- Have experience of design and operation of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Have experience of compliance with Sarbanes Oxley Act
Travel requirement: Some travelling will be required to fulfil job responsibilities
Other local requirement:
- Follow all ESH policies and procedures
- Take responsibility for your own safety & watch out for the safety of co-workers and co-operate with employer on ESH matters
- Immediately report hazards, near misses and unsafe behaviors to your supervisor
- Participate in safety related activities as appropriate i.e. risk assessment process / audits
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or require that other tasks be performed as required by the business or job circumstances. (for example, but not limited to, personnel changes, technical developments, business needs, etc).