Lead Software Engineer
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Lead Software Engineer will oversee new development as well as management of existing software implementations and client deployments. The ideal candidate will have 10-15 years software development with direct client involvement, extensive experience with the product development life-cycle for mature production software.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop and support software including applications, database integration, interfaces, and new functionality enhancements
- Provide innovative technical leadership to software development team implementing solutions that will be deployed on premise or in a clients’ environment
- Integration messaging frameworks
- Demonstrable history with dev-ops workflows including branching patterns and code and data migrations
- Establishing and enforcing best practices and patterns in software design, delivery, and support
- Manage the deployment of future installations, update of existing installations and technical development of a growing software platform
- Code review, testing and debugging software prior to release in a client environment
- Designing and implementing security protocols
- Building production monitoring frameworks for single and multi-tenant SaaS products with scalability for millions of transactions per day
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 10-15 years software development with direct client involvement
- Extensive experience with the product development life-cycle for a mature production software
- Proven track record in technology solution proving and application architecture with emphasis on:
- HTML 5 web applications
- Scalable distributed server processing
- 3-5 years of team leadership
- Supporting developer’s growth and career path
- Code reviews
- Microsoft .NET/C# (Visual Studio)
- SQL Server/SSMS
- Jenkins/CI frameworks
- Test-Driven Development & Automated Testing
- Effort estimating
- Jira Studio
- MS Azure
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 10% or less
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.