Materials Handler (Logistics)
Xylem Inc. is a leading global water technology provider enabling customers to transport, treat, test and efficiently use water in public utility, residential and commercial building services, industrial and agricultural settings.
Our team at Hoddesdon are seeking a Materials Handler to join the Despatch team within our market leading Global Engineering company.
The Materials Handler is responsible for ensuring the smooth handling components, resale product receipts through to despatch to achieve ultimate customer satisfaction. The handling of all components, resale product receipts and manufactured finished goods throughout the factory to achieve ultimate customer satisfaction. To pick, pack and despatch to customer quality and lead-time expectations. To ensure that the stock is accurate by utilizing the wireless guns, LX ERP and cycle count processes.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- To accurately receive, transport, and deliver goods received to the appropriate location within the cells or FGS and store away in a timely and safe manner.
- To ensure that the accurate PO and quantity information checks are preformed and LX updated in the Goods Receiving or wireless data gun systems.
- To ensure that all items are accurately identified, located and used in succession also that all controls on quality and stock are complied with.
- To consolidate storage locations of parts where appropriate using LX and the Radio Data appliances.
- To accurately reconcile all stock held in the area of responsibility by using the LX cycle counting system.
- To ensure that material storage areas are at all times kept tidy using 6S processes.
- To pick accurately and to normal specifications ensuring that part numbers and quantities are checked at pick face.
- To pack to a high standard to reduce damage while ensuring accurate part and quantity count is covered and normal packing and weighing rules are complied with.
- To ensure accurate updating of LX of all confirmations and distribution data as required to complete the orders. To load out from Despatch once completed onto the relevant docking areas/stand trailers.
- To ensure that both for incoming deliveries and outgoing consignments that all the drivers notes and paperwork are checked and signed accordingly.
- To ensure that all records required to be updated manually or by input are maintained and updated in an accurate manner, and that reports are printed, communicated, and referred to as necessary.
- To use equipment provided in a safe and appropriate way in handling materials etc.
- To advise supervision of any defects in such equipment as found as part of the required daily check routines.
- To ensure the daily check sheets are maintained.
- To ensure the areas of storage of FGS materials are continually reviewed and maintained with the 6S processes.
- To ensure that the high level of housekeeping is maintained and proactively follow the 6S structure as trained.
- To, at all times, comply with company policies and procedures, and management direction. To ensure you follow the company health and environmental safety requirements.
- To carry out any other duties within your skills and competence as requested by your manager or his/her delegate.
- Good communication and listening skills and able to advise if problems are foreseen in workload.
- To be a team player and develop awareness of other areas working practices Building talent capability
- Punctual, reliable and flexible attitude to work environment
- Ability to work with people at all levels understanding their needs and problems and using the skills to solve them.
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Effective communication
- Inspiring accountability
- Represent Xylem in professional manner, always acting in compliance and representation of Xylem Code of Conduct
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Experience of working in a logistics, warehouse/stores environment
- Experience of physical work, lifting and moving heavy parts are a continual aspect of the job.
- Ability to work to high standards of quality with a positive attitude and able to change priorities within general guidance.
- Ability and dexterity to process accurately the instructions and processes for the distribution of the products ideal
- Fork lift driving license.
- Computer ability in report production and distribution on a simple application, and to a minimum level of data entry
- Literacy and numeric skills to a reasonable level.
Standard weekly job hours:
Rolling 3 weeks Shift work (2 weeks 7.30am-4.00pm, 1 week 9.30am-6.00pm)