Finance Business Partner - Digital Solutions
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Xylem seeks to hire a Finance Business Partner in the M&CS organization. This position is The Finance Business Partner will advise and support the business in areas related to future state financial performance including: Finance consulting and coaching (e.g., interpreting financial results and measures in the context of business operations), providing forward looking financial insight on market conditions, competitors, and alternative business scenarios and improving the quality of internal and external financial data to drive business decision making and performance.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Finance consulting and coaching (e.g., interpreting financial results and measures in the context of business operations)
- Providing forward looking financial insight on market conditions, competitors, and alternative business scenarios
- Improving the quality of internal and external financial data to drive business decision making and performance
- Complete financial review and analysis for the Digital Solutions Platform
- Lead forecasting for project revenues and margins as required
- Perform modeling as needed
- Special projects as required.
- Perform ad-hoc management related requests and analysis
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of standards under U.S. GAAP
- Working knowledge of One Stream or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX or equivalent ERP accounting system
- Working knowledge of IBM Cognos BI and Predictive Analytics or equivalent BI tools
- Proficiency using Excel to summarize and analyze data including use of pivot tables
- Proficiency using PowerPoint to illustrate and communicate financial results
- Problem-solving, analytical skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Position requires high attention to detail and a desire for continuous improvement
- Individual will be self-motivated and has experience working with multiple teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a professional attitude and demeanor
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work both independently and collaboratively, manage multiple projects, and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
Education and Experience:
- B.S. or B.A. in Accounting or Finance is required
- CPA is considered an asset
- A minimum of 10 years in Finance and/or Financial Analysis or comparable role(s).
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.