Business Development Manager - Analytics
Could you help us solve water?
Xylem is the leading technology provider in the water industry with the vision of solving world's most critical water challenges.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Business Development Manager to drive growth opportunities through new business development,as well as development and expansion of existing accounts – you will have a strong focus on the municipal and mining markets.
In this rewarding role you will work across the business to gain industry information, identify gaps in the market, deliver thought leadership as well as showcase Xylem’s total product offering.
The right candidate may be based in either Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.
- Responsible for direct budget in designated sales territory or for Key Accounts across the region
- Contributes to the regional projects budget by targeting key opportunities for growth in new and existing segments
- Obtains intel on competition, market trends in order to provide relevant reports and plans for senior business leaders
- Utilises Counselor Sales Person (CSP) approach to develop high wide and deep customer relationships with key target accounts
- Provides top level regional relationship management, strategic/technical and commercial support to improve share of wallet of Key Account customers
- Develops and maintains Key Account management plans, providing strategic key account target goals and actions
- Regular travel [ >50%] to key existing clients, new markets and for training opportunities
Skills and experience required:
- 5 years+ Business Development Management experience in the water industry
- Ability to provide strong and reliable key contacts within the water industry networks
- Formal qualifications in a related discipline would be advantageous ( business, chemistry, science )
- Proven experience in solution selling and exposure to selling service and / or rental
- Demonstrable sales success and market knowledge along with strong commercial acumen & commercials
- Excellent communication, relationship management and negotiation skills
- Advanced communication skills – and ability to work within a matrix structure
What you will get in return:
- Opportunity to work with a global, industry leader
- Generous base salary and quarterly bonus
- 10.5% superannuation contribution (Xylem paying an additional 1%)
- Paid parental leave for females within the business
- Annual internal Leadership workshop for Women
- Ongoing employee perks such as 50% off gym membership and subsidised private healthcare
- Relevant new tools of trade to allow you to perform at your absolute best
- Opportunity to make a difference and become part of Xylems global volunteer program “Watermark”
Xylem encourages a diverse workplace, where gender equality is supported and highly regarded. Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply within in order to find out how Xylem can grow, support and benefit your career within the water industry.