Business Development Manager Czech & Slovakia
Xylem is a leading water technology company committed to "solving water" by creating innovative and smart technology solutions to meet the world's water, wastewater and energy needs Xylem’s well-known global brands have served the water market for many decades with products sold in more than 150 countries. The Company's more than 16,500 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Xylem does business with more than 40 market-leading product brands.
XYLEM is looking for a new colleague for the following position:
Business Development Manager Czech Republic and Slovakia
The Business Development Manager (BDM) Industry& Building Services is responsible to define and execute a selling and marketing strategy to penetrate the Industry& Building Services market segments in the Czech Republic & Slovakia in collaboration with the local Commercial Teams. The role will be accountable and responsible of the promotion of the Xylem product portfolio suitable for achievable applications in the industrial & Building Services market segments, to detect new opportunities and develop a compelling offer to the customers in line with the company capacity and capability. The BDM will as well aim to increase Xylem brand awareness in the local targeted industrial & Building Services market segments.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop sales plans, activities, and campaigns and manage the day-to-day activities of overall sales strategy for an assigned geography of Industry& Building Services customer accounts as well as all Grow Centers (AWS, Transport, Treatment, M&C)
- Develop direct sales with important IND customers, BS Wholesalers and European level Key Accounts.
- Develop direct/indirect sales in Industry and Building Service verticals such as Investors, Designers, Key Contractors, Service Providers and End users.
- Influence key decision makers in specifying Xylem products as the preferred solution to fulfill the customer’s requirements.
- Identify best channels to market according to Xylem capacity to cover territory and best ability to serve the customers across the country (Contractors, Wholesalers, Services partners, specialized installers / retailers, OEM producers…)
- Support distributors in IND verticals by communication with Customer Support and Product managers.
- Organize and deliver presentations and trainings to Designers and Key Contractors within Xylem Industrial & Building service product portfolio
- Communicate with Customer Support to ensure proper order placement and order management for large projects. Step in spontaneously when process get complex and compromise final delivery to the customers
- Contribute to the development of sales, marketing, customer retention, advertising, pricing, and distribution strategies for area of responsibility.
- Making monthly reports, Prepare sales forecasts and budgets; monitor sales volume, revenues, and costs against forecasts to identify problem areas
- Plan and implement with the support of marketing factory visits to key designers and contractors to increase Xylem brand awareness and build trust
- Assist with technical seminars or trainings for benefit of sales personnel and customers. Coordinate technical support when needed with Growth Center
- Provide professional advice for customers
- External: customers, suppliers, Xylem worldwide
- Internal: Xylem colleagues
Qualifications: Education, Experience,
- Required Qualifications:
- BA, MSC in engineering (civil engineer OR mechanical engineer)
- 3-5 years of experience in sales or technical support
- Well written and spoken English
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel (domestic and abroad a few times a year)
- MS Office user-level knowledge