Advanced Process Engineer
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
We are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through our Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues. Innovation, diversity and inclusion are also key to our culture.
Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. We develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
The Advanced Process Engineer will develop and designs tools/jigs and machinery in accord with the process and system that need to maintain or improve in the actual production processes, He/She will interact with Mfg Eng. and Advanced Mfg. Eng. departments.
- Designs plant layout for such activities as machining, plastics processing, welding and brazing, assembly, and materials handling. Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions, applying mechanical and electrical principles to components and systems.
- Plans sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
- Inspects performance (mechanically and electrically) of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
- Maintenance support and ESH support Provides support (mechanically and electrically) regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques
Behavior attributes required:
- Needs to have open minded, positive approach and to be inclined to work in inter-functional development environment. He/She has to be proactive in expressing own opinions and confront with those of others.
- Ability to work by objectives is fundamental with particular attention to details and timing commitment. Ability to organize information/data is a qualifying aspect.
- Acceptance and mastering of the continuous improvement approach is required.
- Curiosity and willingness to bring innovative solutions to his/her work, in term of product and process, are of great importance. Willingness to develop his/her carrier in the technical area.
- Capacity to initially lead activities/projects with inclination to drive functional and/or multifunctional teams.
Experience and Skills required:
- 5+ Years of experience in the same activities would be preferred
- Knowledge CAD 3D software (Pro.Engineer in particular), Lab View or other developer software would be preferred
- Mechanical engineering degree a minimum
- Good spoken and written English is preferred
- Fluent in Italian is a must
- Availability to short travels (15%)