Americas Product Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire an Americas Product Manager to be responsible for championing the development and execution of new product development for Applied Water System (AWS) Americas Circulator Pumps and Accessories group. Drive profitable growth of products including B&G and Laing across AWS Americas Commercial Team. Develop new products through the Xylem Product Development (XPD) process, lead customer required product modifications and manage portfolio. Provide technical product support, application assistance, and product training. Coordinate pricing and product rationalization activities.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage portfolio, life cycle, and product road maps for the assigned product group.
- Champion new products through the Xylem XPD process, including opportunity prioritization, completion of activities and ensuring new product introductions occur per schedule
- Achieve targeted growth and profitability for the product lines.
- Maximize the revenue and margin for the assigned product group.
- Provide product forecasts, as appropriate, to operations.
- Propose cost improvements and coordinate costing recommendations with both Engineering and Operations.
- Conduct annual pricing and product rationalization activities.
- Product presentations to sales personnel and customers
- Travel to strategic customers, as appropriate.
- Maintain and evaluate market research on competitors, markets and technology trends. Maintain current intelligence on assigned products.
- Support for product literature, advertising and web-based efforts
- Support analysis of product problems & failures
- Develop and maintain key business contacts within the industry.
- Interface with suppliers on product specifications and requirements
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS/BA degree with 5-10 years of product management/field sales/product engineering/customer applications experience in the industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.