Director, Global Energy Solutions and Services
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Director of Solutions and Services for Global Energy is responsible for managing, developing, and executing the business strategy for the global Energy Solutions market. These objectives and goals will be both developed within the Energy solutions team as well as designed to support the needs of the other energy devices product lines. In order to successfully develop and execute the Solutions and Services Energy Strategy this individual will work very closely with both the Electric, Gas and Thermal Energy Product management teams to understand market dynamics and constantly strive to enhance our overall strategic positioning within these markets. Additionally he or she will be responsible for making the tradeoffs necessary within the energy solutions product lines and champion the business cases needed to identify the investment required.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Defining the product strategy
- Develops the global product roadmap covering product positioning and value proposition per product line to serve as input into product development resource allocation, business development and communications
- Manages the execution of the multi-year roadmap for the global product line including; new product development, value improvements, product introductions, ongoing marketing, product support and service
- Collaborate effectively with Vertical Marketing team to develop local launch plans that will empower sales (product launches, application areas, product brand thought leadership).
- Assigns and take ownership of the XPD process by actively driving and participating in the tollgate process: by developing the business case, PAR, product specification etc. with the understanding of customer and market needs
- Understands and specifies market requirements and market and technology trends for current and future products by conducting product related market research supported by Voice of Customer received through on-going visits to customers and other stakeholders
- Framing the vertical offer, in a collaborative way with key stakeholders, by packaging the product, solutions and services e.g. developing offer per application and framing applicable value proposition per vertical.
- Monitors competition with respect to market performance, product portfolio and product performance
- Maintains competitive mapping of strengths and weaknesses of major competitors and understands their “go to market” strategy.
Sales and Profitability
- Develops strategic plan for products, pricing, and offerings to achieve long term revenue and margin targets
- Understanding and providing data for the S&OP forecast, ownership of global product sales and margin plan. If targets are not met, executes on the countermeasures
- Collaborates with local Sales and Marketing teams to understand rationale behind wins and losses and market trends; Carefully follows up sales, orders and standard margin with the aim to reach targets, if not identify and drive actions to close the gap
- Provide strategic pricing guidelines across markets. Price List, as well as specific product/segment-focused efforts.
- Manage the product life cycle (launch to end-of-life) strategy and execution including identifying “sweet spot” applications in the market verticals by ensuring competitiveness of products (costs, features, price) by developing relevant business cases for decision making
- Manage the entire product life cycle through phase-out, all while keeping the product line competitive
- Having a broad understanding of the competitors in the industry on a high level finacial level as well as product offering
- Drive and execute product launches according to the product marketing launch process in close collaboration with the Vertical Marketing, Commercial Teams and Communications. Being responsible for resource allocation, keeping the time line and all preparation to do a proper launch in time e.g. strategic pricing, product availability, training material and plan, information in product selection and configuration programs, communications material etc.
- Identify and execute value engineering opportunities to make sure optimization of the product lines.
Guardianship & Support
- Participates in technical meetings, conferences, workshops, industry days, trade shows and association events
- Active participation in the development of sales tools and ensure its product data is updated
- Develop business cases, when required, as the foundation for product brand decisions
- Thought leadership activities (e.g. white papers) by developing content and/or presenting
- Develop appealing, and when possible a quantified, value proposition which is validated through market research, voice of the customer, and other data inputs
- Collaborates with Sales, Vertical Marketing, and R&D to drive next generation value propositions by a rigorously understanding of the VOC
- Develop complete internal communication package e.g. product release notes
Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited institution, or equivalent.
- A higher degree in Business Administration is preferred. Masters degree in Business Administration is desirable
- A minimum of 7 years previous experience in product management.
- Demonstrated experience working in an international environment in a matrix organization
- Demonstrate excellent computer, communication, presentation, management and analytical skills. Be able to resolve difficult technical and business issues. Be a self-starter with high motivation to achieve goals.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem-solving skills in order to effectively work with customers, business partners, staff and management from a variety of skill levels as well as different authority levels.
- Ability to understand technical issues and understand impact on projects, and effectively communicate these issues and impact to direct reports as well as other project stakeholders.
- Flexibility in terms of dealing with changing priorities and dealing with multiple projects simultaneously.
- Six Sigma Certifications
- Fluent in English; multi-lingual capabilities desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Be a self-starter with high motivation skills
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: International and Domestic travel required, up to 50%
- Misc: Exposure to undesirable field elements at pumping stations, treatment plants or contractors site when travelling
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.