JOB Profile / JOB Description
Position – Project Manager – Min 10 Year Experience
- Responsible for all contractual handling of the project execution.
- Review all project-relevant documents in the scope of the commercial order processing, supported by the team colleagues.
- Well aware and should able to prepare the P&ID for any mechanical Project.
- Responsible for preparation of piping layout including the pipe sizing, valve sizing, bends, miters and any special mechanical structures.
- Responsible for taking the approval from respective customer or consultant on design engineering documents.
- Responsible for coordination and communication with all stake holders of different internal department such as engineering, procurement, finance, QA/QC, Control & other Vendors.
- Responsible for Customer satisfaction with frequent meeting to understand the requirement and support to customer for right solution.
- Track the progress of the project in terms of time, execution and finance, and report discrepancies within the biweekly status meetings along with Site visits.
- Interact with the client to clarify any queries related to the project, involving the responsible sales engineer for commercial issues on their own responsibility. In specific cases request for support by the supervisor or management.
- He may participate in development projects for process improvement considering the personal know-how and expertise.
- Responsible to prepare the schedule project timelines and allocate work accordingly, with the aim to meet defined deadlines and revenue planned.
- He should aware to determine the technical requirements of the customer projects considering current standards and stipulated internal standards.
- Responsible to make scope matrix and project boundaries agreements with customers and suppliers within the scope of the projects.
- Responsible for execution of the project with efforts to ensure that schedules are strictly implemented.
- Assesses the risks, coordinates for the risk management plans and communicates with all stake holders for smooth execution.
- Responsible for project financials like Revenue, spends payments, collections, inventory, and cash flow and rolls them up in the organizational annual and quarterly budgets.
- He implements the reporting, control and monitoring system to ensure that targets are achieved on the project delivery and financial schedules as budgeted.
- Responsible for finalization of electrical & mechanical vendors to execute the project as per approved documents.
- Responsible for installation and commissioning of Plant.
- Responsible for collection and signoff of project completion certificate from customer.
(1) Goals and Objectives (Job Responsibilities): Several bullet points for setting performance Objectives-
- Adept at project management skills, draws up project schedule, monitors and controls the same with adequate buffers to meet over all deliverables
- Assesses project from standpoint of risk assessment from time to time and takes proactive actions to ensure project deliverables in terms of cost, time and quality
- Takes proactive measures to ensure smooth execution at the site
- Manager Project Development from initiation to closure
- Be accountable for project results with the sponsor
- Work with project sponsor and stakeholders to complete project charter outlining scope, goals, deliverables, required resources budgeting and timing
- Complete work breakdown structure to estimate effort required for each task.
- Provide a project schedule
- Clearly communicate expectations to the team and stakeholders.
- Act as mediators between stakeholders and team
- Resolve and issues and solving problems during project lifecycle.
- Effectively manage project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented and approved with project change request forms.
- Lead, coach and motivate the project team members on a proactive basis.
Part 2. Describe the Person
A) Minimum professional and educational background desired (include years of experience)
• BE-Mechanical from recognized university with 10 - 15 yrs of experience in factory product management.
• Knowledge of pump Industry will be additional benefit
• Should be good at written and verbal communication.
• Adept at project management skills
B) Key technical skills and knowledge.
- PMP Certified from PMI
- Experience of executing projects from the front and on ground
- Knowledge of electromechanical and AutoCAD knowledge is mandatory
c) Describe the most important Leadership competencies required of the individual.
- (5-8 competencies from VBLD, TOP 3 are mandatory competencies)
- Build relationships
- Customer focus
- Effective communication