Following list represents the daily routine (not exhaustive) activities of the person:
- Handle the day-to-day accounting of business transactions for some of the 3 legal entities set up in Dubai, branch and affiliates established in KSA, Qatar, Oman, Lebanon and Abu Dhabi including the management entities set up in the region.
- Maintain the balance sheet hygiene including sub-ledger accounts of all the entities through periodic audit schedules.
- Support the timely closing of the books of account for all the units with highest level of accuracy and compliance with the applicable Xylem accounting policies – Xylem calendar issued by the corporate team is the guide for this
- Support the completion of statutory audit for all the 3 legal entities and support the audit of the branch office of the other entities in the region, in a timely manner.
- Work as per the closing checklist and calendar, in close coordination with the manager and the rest of the finance team based in India & Dubai locations.
- Be part of a ‘best-in-class’ financial reporting process in MENA by supporting all the digitization / simplification efforts in daily operations.
- Learn and master the reporting tool (One Stream) from the best-practices in the other sub-regions including India (required level of training to be provided by the Dubai/India finance team).
- Maintain fixed assets register, Bank reconciliation and inventory reconciliations as required by the manager, and in line with the SOX guidelines
- Ensure that all the VAT regulatory requirements of the region (as communicated by the VAT specialist based in Dubai) are complied with and balances in the relevant GL are reconciled every month
- Work towards exceeding the KPIs for month end closing and financial reporting
- Clean account reconciliations (audit schedules) every month
- Compliance with SOX procedure documentation and controls
- Adherence to the SOD, delegation of authority and all relevant company policies
- Keep an eye for continuous improvement on all processes and implement Kaizen projects
- Good learning attitude
- Good communication skills
- Compliance and integrity
- Asking questions when in doubt
- Quick turnaround for business support
- Good interpersonal skills
- Sound accounting knowledge
- Hands-on in ERPs and systems
- External: Auditors, vendors, banks
- Internal: India/Dubai finance team (Accounting & VAT), commercial teams across MENA region
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- CA/CWA Final/Inter with sharp accounting skills
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience in mid-size organization handling accounting, audit and reporting
- Experience in MNC on HQ reporting and ERP environment preferred
- Fluent in English
- Good knowledge in MS-Excel, writing emails in corporate environment