Manager, Financial Reporting
We’re Hiring for a Manager, Financial Reporting!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Manager, Financial Reporting, will partner with Finance and Accounting personnel globally to generate accurate, high quality financial reporting to the SEC that meets all regulatory requirements. This role leads the gathering, reviewing and synthesizing information to create the externally reported financial statements. This role also interfaces with VPs throughout the organization to obtain an understanding of the current macroeconomic environment for communication to Xylem’s investors through SEC filings. This role is also responsible for the overall administration of stock-based compensation accounting, reporting and analysis. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Drive the quarterly and year-end reporting process, ensuring timeliness and compliance with US GAAP and SEC requirements for external reporting
- Review and/or draft all components of 10-K and 10-Q filings, including the consolidated financial statements, footnotes notes and management discussion and analysis
- Review global reporting deliverables, including analyzing for completeness, accuracy and significance to the financial statements
- Coordinate with a cross functional team from Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Investor Relations, HR and Legal.
- Review the quarterly earnings release, earnings call preparation and investor update materials for consistency with external financial reporting
- Oversee the filing processes required for SEC reporting including 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks as well as related XBRL tagging
- Evaluate internal and external financial reporting needs
- Analyze peer companies for trends in reporting, response to regulatory changes and best practices.
- Lead global stock-based compensation reporting, including coordination with HR and other parties
- Prepare supporting information for the EPS calculation
- Execute project management skills
- Manage third party vendors involved in the stock-based compensation and external reporting process, including obtaining quotes for services and serving as primary point of contact
- Assist in researching technical accounting issues and in determining the impact on financial statements and disclosures.
- Liaise with external accountants to provide financial reporting deliverables
- Responsible for SOX documentation and compliance with required controls
- Take a significant role in the development of direct reports
- All other duties as assigned
- BA in Accounting, Finance or Business
- CPA and/or MBA in Finance/ Accounting or equivalent experience desirable
- 7+ years of accounting/finance experience in large corporation environment, with exposure to operations/management reporting/systems
- Extensive experience with OneStream, Workiva and Morgan Stanley
- Experience with financial data analysis and collection strategies, administration of OneStream forms
- Excellent people manager able to lead and motivate a remote team
- Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOA) and other financial regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations.
- Must be a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience with contract and vendor negotiations.
- High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- English language fluency
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is a standard office environment. The employee will be regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility. The standard weekly job hours are 40 hours. The travel requirement is approximately 10% or less.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.