Business Development Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
We are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through our Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues. Innovation, diversity and inclusion are also key to our culture.
Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. We develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: We are searching for an ambitious and motivated Business Development Manager to drive business in the South Region. As such, candidates should have an interest in advanced technologies, an entrepreneurial spirit, and thrive in a competitive market while generating new business opportunities and increasing revenue for the Region.
The individual is responsible for developing solutions-based strategies in assisting utility and industrial clients using state-of-the-art pipeline inspection and monitoring solutions as well as maintaining the satisfaction of existing business relationships in the region.
The market serviced is geographically diverse with many players and potential clients; as such, this role requires strategic thinking, accuracy, innovation and strong negotiation skills, which are all critical to to meeting regional goals and objectives.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for sales calls, proposal development, and client relations;
- Acquire new business while continuing to drive revenue from existing clients;
- Build extensive Pure Technologies’ product knowledge from both a technical and client benefit perspective;
- Support and manage client expectations, as well as monitor the execution of projects;
- Prepare and facilitate client presentations;
- Develop strategies and proposal for pipeline assessment projects;
- Work interactively with engineers, planners and scientists on projects;
- Work directly with clients to understand and meet their expectations;
- Responsible for contract negotiations, pricing strategies, and proposal preparation.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business, a Professional Engineer is a plus
- Prior sales or management experience is required (technical sales or consulting engineering firms specializing in the water and /or waste water markets)
- Knowledge and experience working in Georgia (Atlanta metro area) is a plus
- Self-motivated, ambitious and confident
- Honest, ethical and forthright with clients
- Must work cohesively and collaboratively with multiple departments/levels and with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Energetic, driven and able to build a ‘trusted partner’ relationship with clients
- Ability to be independent and operate with minimal supervision
- Must possess a strong business sense of how to develop, grow and maintain sales revenues in assigned territory
- Excellent communication skills including interpersonal, written and spoken
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Able to travel 50 - 70%
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.