Sr. Manager, Product Management, Communication Infrastructure
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Can you envision yourself in a startup-like environment growing its smart infrastructure solutions portfolio? Wouldn’t it be cool to work with the largest Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) bases in the world, having real-time impact today and creating possibilities for tomorrow? Sensus is more than 3500 strong on five continents. Join our world-wide Research & Development facility in Research Triangle Park where you can bring your great ideas and energy to our no spectators allowed culture. Read below on how this critical role will impact our business objectives while helping the world!
The Role: The Sr. Manager, Product Management, Communication Infrastructure is responsible for managing, growing and driving profitable business of Sensus Communication Infrastructure product line and managing directly the Network Communications Tools product line within Software, Services, and Communication Infrastructure organization. This role will provide input into the VP, Software, Services, and Communication Infrastructure organization in regards of new product development plans as well as working closely with the sales and marketing teams to implement the plans. In addition the Sr. Manager, Product Management, Communication Infrastructure will provide technical product support, application assistance, and product training to sales teams to ensure deep understanding and customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Understands and specifies market requirements and market and technology trends for current and future products by conducting product related market research supported by Voice of Customer received through on-going visits to customers and other stakeholders
- Provides input into product & NPD plans - market, sales forecast, customer needs, etc.
- Collaborate with Vertical Marketing teams to develop local launch plans that will empower sales (product launches and application areas) by contributing to content development, conducting training, customer presentations and framing local value propositions.
- Monitors competition with respect to technology, trends, market, and product performance. Gives input to the VP, Software, Services, and Communication Infrastructure on competitive impacts to products/services.
- Support VP, Software, Services, and Communication Infrastructure in the development of product plans from a life cycle perspective. Manages the execution of the portfolio including; new product development, value improvements, product introductions, phase outs, ongoing marketing, product support and services.
- Drives targeted growth and profitability for the product lines working closely with sales team e.g. volume and market price. If required, takes action to close any gaps to ensure targets are fulfilled.
- Ownership of global product sales, forecast and margin plan by driving to close the revenue and margin gaps. Understanding of the sales funnel to be able to drive and understand losses and market trends. Identify countermeasures to reach the set targets.
- Maximize the revenue and margin for the assigned product group
- Provide product sales forecasts, as appropriate, to operations.
- Develop and conduct product presentations to sales personnel and customers
- Ensure that after-market and service are an integral part of the product’s value proposition
- Participates in technical meetings, conferences, workshops, industry days, trade shows and association events
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- S./B.A. degree with 5+ years of product engineering and development/customer applications experience in utilility advanced metering infrastrcutre (AMI) and/or network management software.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
- A minimum of 3 years previous experience in product management in an industrial equipment environment (specific utility AMI experience is preferred) with at least $10M responsibility.
- Demonstrated experience working in an international environment and in a matrix organization
- Demonstrate excellent computer, communication, presentation, management and analytical skills. Be able to resolve difficult technical and business issues. Be a self-starter with high motivation to achieve goals.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem-solving skills in order to effectively work with customers, business partners, staff and management from a variety of skill levels as well as different authority levels.
- Ability to understand technical issues and understand impact on projects, and effectively communicate these issues and impact to key stakeholders.
- Flexibility in terms of dealing with changing priorities and dealing with multiple projects simultaneously.
- Product Management certification (e.g. Pragmatic marketing or similar)
- Green Belt Certification
- Fluent in English; multi-lingual capabilities desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Travel: International and Domestic travel required, up to 50%, Other travel as needed or required by the company
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.