Product Security Leader – Emerging Markets
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: As the leader of Product Security in the Emerging Markets, the Product Security Leader is responsible for the implementation and execution of security programs and practices to support a growing, global water technology company. This position will work across product, software, and firmware development teams to identify component and system level technical risks. This will include evaluating critical failure points, determining technical security controls to mitigate risks, and working with cross functional teams to implement features according to product road maps.
You will lead efforts to drive product security strategy, security standards implementation, and security consulting activities in partnership with customers, clients, and commercial partners for the Xylem product portfolio in the Emerging Markets. Your passion for security and in-depth knowledge will ensure that you deliver high impact results.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Work with the product, devops, and systems teams to identify the right security architecture for implementing new solutions, products and modules. Develop, implement and maintain product security strategy for the entire business unit product portfolio covering IoT and smart-device suites
- Know the Xylem Emerging Markets product portfolio in depth and understand the key risks presented to systems from a variety of factors across availability, integrity, and confidentiality
- Conduct complete lifecycle security architecture and technical assessments for a wide range of products, including embedded devices, software solutions, and cloud hosting
- Collaborate with product security experts across the company to provide comprehensive support for security activities across the entire Emerging Markets install base and R&D product roadmaps
- Engage in application and domain-specific risk/threat modeling and attack surface analysis and reduction
- Provide guidance and leadership on best practices regarding security in software and firmware development
- Champion the Xylem security Systems Development Lifecycle, including security testing and risk management of vulnerabilities in software/hardware on all Transport products
- Manage the implementation of common security controls
- Provide training and education to engineering teams on security best practices
- Support commercial teams by building customer trust in the security of Xylem products
- Expert level operational support for security escalations from customers
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 5+ years of experience in industrial products
- Demonstrated expertise in product architecture and risk management
- Experience with risk management methodologies
- Demonstrated experience interacting with customers to support commercial activities
- In-depth experience identifying and protecting against risks to industrial products from a security, safety, or quality perspective
- Demonstrated experience with implementing a sustainable product-related program with accompanying results
- Meaningful understanding of how security fits into product development cycles
- Knowledge of secure infrastructure architectures, application architectures, encryption, Cloud Security and broader security technologies.
- Knowledge of IoT network technologies (such as Bluetooth/BLE, WLAN, Z-Wave, Zigbee, identity/auth security)
- Demonstrated experience in managing risk within industrial products
- Relevant cyber security certifications
- Graduate degree in a technical discipline
- Experience in software development
- Experience with cloud IaaS security operations
- Experience with wireless technologies such as CDMA, E-HRPD, GSM, UMTS, TDS-CDMA, LTE-FDD / LTE-TDD, and 5G
- Experience with Android RIL, Telephony, C and Embedded RTOS.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Approximately 15% (domestic and international)
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law