Senior Manager, Master Data Management - Finance
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
We are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through our Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues. Innovation, diversity and inclusion are also key to our culture.
Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. We develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: As the “Sr. Manager, Finance MDM” you will be responsible for providing data management leadership in the areas of Governance, Process, and Quality for financial data: Customer, Vendor, and Accounting related. You will lead the transformation effort in Xylem’s Finance Master Data Management strategy starting in these three areas initially.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing / redesigning, implementing, and monitoring a strong control environment around Xylem’s finance master data assets and processes.
- Initiates and develops finance MDM strategy framework of organization structure, new processes, and system design changes, as needed.
- Manages a team of financial master data stewards/analysts, providing training, feedback, and monitoring process discipline and performance against SLA’s.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies.
- Partner with Business Units, Global/Regional Finance Process Owners and IT on aspects of global and local financial data governance continually evolving business processes to streamline efficiencies.
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management to share information and improve cross-departmental financial processes.
- Manages problems and issues pro-actively, including timely resolution and the identification of remediation opportunities. Identifies and resolve systemic process issues to prevent them from repeating.
- Stays abreast of industry leading best practices and brings them to the attention of the leadership team for innovative application. Develops and leverages partnerships (and relationships) with internal and external stakeholders to meet business needs.
- Be main point of contact for Vendor and Customer Master Data
- Oversee governing policies around Vendor and Customer master data.
- Perform user acceptance testing on defect resolution and enhancements
- Identifies areas for data quality improvements and helps to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
- Manage the flow of financial metadata of the company between Financial Services applications
- Provide guidance on data policies applicable at rest, in motion and on data sensitivity, privacy and retention to data producers/consumers
- Support special projects as needed
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Experience using, designing and or implementing MDM tools like Informatica in complex IT landscapes.
- 5+ years experience in Data Governance strategy for Vendor and or Customer domains
- 5+ years in management or team lead capacity
- 3+ years working as a data steward or leading the data stewardship function
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player
- Process oriented and data driven
- Experience using ERP systems like Oracle, SAP, Infor, etc.
- Advanced oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Strong presentation and facilitation skills to communicate with and persuade a wide range of audiences.
- Preferred – Finance, AR/collections, AP and or Procurement background
- Project Management experience is a plus
- Product Master, material and BOM experience is a plus
- BA or BS degree in Business, Finance, IT or equivalent work experience
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.