Application Engineer - Control Systems
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Application Engineer will perform a diverse range of Engineering support functions for pre and post sales activities within the M&C product group – scope, design, and execute controls and SCADA projects within the water & wastewater industry, deliver technical support for all Xylem branded M&C products (SCADA, Controllers, PLCs, VFDs, Level Sensors and a variety of telemetry, instrumentation and system intelligence platforms).
As a member of the Monitoring & Controls (M&C) team, the Application Engineer will provide technical support by conducting training seminars, providing telephone support, project support, and onsite assistance. Target audiences for technical support are Xylem direct staff, reseller personnel, and end users.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Identify Consulting Need:
- Works with inside and outsides sales, internal colleagues, distributors, consulting engineers, or others to develop understanding of the consulting request. Partner closely with the requestor to gather information to better classify the need including level of technical involvement, expertise required, urgency, application, customer type, etc.
Understand Challenge/ Scope Need:
- Works closely with the party who requested consultation to gain deeper understanding of request and provide scope. Understands technical questions to ask to ensure proper information is provided in order to meet consulting need.
- Research/Gather Data:Responsible for providing technical and product expertise, as well as researching and gathering data in order to understand how to meet the requestor's consulting need and/or solve the problem. Works closely with internal colleagues, subject matter experts, as well as technical and commercial resources to gather relevant data including technical/commercial implications of potential solutions, including history related to the customer or request.
- Complete the Need/Problem Solve: Responsible for meeting the requestor's consulting need or develop a viable solution to requestor's problem. Typical problem solving could include turn-key or engineered-to-order system design, customer station design, custom accessory or ancillary equipment design support, training requests, engineering specifications, or technical presentations and training development.
- Review Bid: Acts as a technical consultant in efforts to prepare and review bid packages.
- Provide remote and sometimes on-site support to resolve Xylem customer controls issues using multi-meter or other handheld tools. Apply basic to mid-level electrical theory, as well as provide diagnostics in order to resolve control and instrumentation issues at the customer’s site. Decipher Engineering Specifications and provide standard product solution wherever possible. Utilize existing manuals and application guides to deliver complete Xylem branded solutions.
Conduct M&C Training Seminars :
- Assist field staff by presenting class room style training sessions on standard product assortment. Work with marketing personnel to identify gaps in current product knowledge to ensure strategic growth objectives are met.
Telephone Technical Support:
- Support customers and Xylem staff members by delivering telephone guidance on deploying and troubleshooting all Xylem M&C Products. Also help with application questions as potential customers call for recommendations. Using mid to advanced level electrical theory, help remotely diagnose and resolve faulty control function including telemetry issues at customer sites.
- Perform the required administrative tasks associated with the Engineering position; i.e. filling out time sheets, travel authorizations requests and general filing/ record keeping on customer support issues.
Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering required
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in industrial controls applications with a strong knowledge of PLCs, telemetry, distributed control networks and industry standard communications protocols.
- Experience with electrical control panels, VFD’s, PLCs, SCADA systems and other electronic systems and instrumentation.
- Working knowledge in water/wastewater processes, including pumping and various treatment equipment and/or similar industrial industries.
- Field service experience highly desirable.
- Ability to work to quality-driven standards and in a safe and professional manner.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, ability to work independently, and team player.
- Highly motivated with excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong customer focus and engagement to ensure optimum working relationships.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- CAD software experience preferred.
- Able to perform routine tasks with minimal supervision; but also able to work effectively within the team dynamic as required
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Light lifting, office environment
- Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 40-50 pounds.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above (typically 40%). Other travel as needed or required by the company.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.