Intern - Marketing/Communications - Summer 2020
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Marketing/Communications Intern this summer. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that project initiatives are met. If you are excited and passionate to work on state-of-the art technology trends, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Cultivate and write “new’ Xylem stories that reflect the company’s commitment to sustainability for Reservoir, the soon-to-be launched content hub on xylem.com
- Develop unique content about Xylem’s sustainability-related activities for placement on Company’s LinkedIn profile and website
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Communications, Business Administration, Marketing, or related field
- A strong sense of ownership and drive, a self-starter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and is comfortable with engaging others and asking questions
- An interest in developing content for a variety of social media platforms.
- Strong technical and organizational skills
- The ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
What you will gain from the experience:
- Experience working directly with the communications team and publishing material on Xylem media channels
- Gain an understanding of the corporate sustainability initiative
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.