System Administrator, Corporate Performance Management (CPM)
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a System Administrator, Corporate Performance Management (CPM). The primary function of this position is to provide Global Finance/Accounting/Software Platform support for accurate and timely reporting of financial data. Perform effective and efficient analysis and validation of reported financial data (actual, forecasts, budgets, strategic plans, and other reported data) and provide feedback to users for corrections and knowledge transfer to drive improvement in quality and analysis of reported data. Provide premier end users support with data reporting tools and processes by using sound judgement to process errors/discrepancies/validations and corrections to ensure the timely and accurate reporting to defined financial GAAP and SOX standards. Assist with ongoing updates, development and maintenance of the Corporate Performance Management Platform (OneStream) and other related products as the primary platform for financial reporting/consolidations activities for Xylem.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Participate and or lead in the design, build, train and roll out of new financial software modules.
- Support Enterprise-wide users with data changes globally for monthly actuals, quarterly forecasts, annual budgets and strategic plans within defined timelines and requirements.
- Support end users with financial reporting tools and processes including errors/discrepancies/validations corrections to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting along with providing the most effective and efficient process and tools for data loading(templates, Web Forms, Grids, Journals, etc.).
- Support enterprise-wide end users Subject Matter Expert (SME) with training and support with: Quick Views, Retrieves, Grids, queries and functionalities to facilitate financial data mining for analysis, inquiries and ad hoc reporting.
- Participate in the implementation of ongoing improvements/enhancements to the applications and related closing and data collection processes. Drive process improvements and leverage technical capabilities to simplify and streamline financial close activities.
- Assist with end users security certifications (twice a year) with adherence to Compliance and segregation of roles and responsibilities.
- Support the development, deployment and maintenance of Tool and Job Aids for end users to effectuate knowledge building and the effective and efficient data reporting. Coordinate and maintain the Corporate Chart of Accounts documentation and account definitions for user’s utilization.
- Support the management of the OneStream Environment and other related products the primary platform for all reporting/consolidations/planning for Xylem.
- Support the administration and validation of Data Integration rules/scripts to insure accurate and complete migration of data from source systems through OneStream’s Data Quality module to OneStream XF.
- Support the development, deployment and maintenance of most effective and efficient processes and tools for data loading (templates, Web Forms, Grids, Journals, etc).
- Support the development, deployment and maintenance Financial Reports and dashboards including the collection of end user requirements and building reports to their specification in compliance with management approvals.
- Support the development and deployment of initiative to drive best practices and deployment of enhancements to maximize tools processes and resources.
- Manage small to medium sized projects as needed.
- Support with writing and maintaining complex calculations such as cash flow and driver based calculations using modern coding languages such as VB.Net.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for providing end-users premier support with financial reporting tools and process including errors/discrepancies/validations corrections to insure the timely and accurate finance reporting to defined financials.
- Analyze and validate reported financial data including: actual, forecasts, budgets, strategic plans, and other reported data.
- Deploy “Best Practices” tools and processes through effective utilization to drive ongoing enterprise improvements.
- Maintain and monitor adherence to defined Financial reporting Requirements globally.
- Assist with supporting approximately 260+ financial reporting entities globally with financial reporting and consolidations (actual, quarterly forecasts, annual budgets, and strategic plans). 450+ users
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or Finance; Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in building maintaining and analyzing financial consolidation/planning systems
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Excel)
- Effective communication, collaboration, and partnership skills
- Strong analytical skills, especially in continuous/process improvement
- Self-starter with strong results orientation, a high sense of business urgency, and strong customer focus
- Prior experience working with one or more of the following as an administrator: OneStream, HFM, FDM, Hyperion Planning or Essbase
- Prior Experience with .NET, PowerShell, VB, SQL and or some other type of programming skills
- Prior experience working with database management systems and Financial consolidations is highly desirable
- Project management experience is a plus
- International Business knowledge is a plus
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- The position will be in the Rye Brook headquarters or Charlotte location with some allowances to work remotely occasionally as approved by the Director.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: Standard for salaried employees although with a high degree of ability to manage some variation in work demands day to day and month to month in particular to manage coordination among multiple global time zones as well as inflexible deadlines associated with Xylem’s quarterly earnings releases.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.