Business Systems Analyst
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, is seeking to hire a Business Systems Analyst to join their Morrisville based Professional Services team. We are looking for an articulate self-starter with ability to prioritize and manage tasks with minimal oversight. This position will execute tasks related to the software integration of Xylem solutions for our Utility customers.Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assist Utility customers accessing and getting started accessing Xylem system data. This may include validating data access readiness, and sharing UDL material and providing high level overview, introducing users to BI tools (e.g., Apache Superset, Power BI)
- Gather and document Utility’s use cases for data access and share best practices for obtaining the required information
- Document user requirements and create Professional Services Statements of Work
- Coordinate activities and ensure effective and timely communication to Utility customers, distributor partners and within project team
- Act as a liaison between business users, software engineering and distributor partners
- Create dashboards and queries for customers and internal reporting
- Track project status timely and accurately within our project tracking tools
- Monitor and assist in prioritizing the software and integration team’s backlog
- Assist in maintaining the current integration and training materials
- Assist as needed on other Professional Services integration efforts
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or related field
- 2 years’ experience with Relational Databases using BI tools (e.g. Power BI, Apache Supersets)
- 2 years’ experience writing complex SQL queries
- 2 years’ customer facing experience (desired)
- Broad application knowledge (i.e. SQL, use case writing, business processes and system workflows documentation)
- Proficient with writing complex SQL queries and comfortable with learning new data schemas
- Excellent Planning and organizational skills - the ability to manage many projects at varying stages of progress
- Strong requirements gathering – The ability to accurately document a customer’s concerns or requests for functionality, including use case development and Statements of Work (SOW)
- Excellent Communication skills - the ability to communicate project requirements and status to the Utility, Distributors and Vendors
- Strong Presentation Skills - The ability to communicate data access concepts and details to Utility customers of varying skill levels
- Understanding of project methodologies and lifecycle
- Ability to take on responsibility and function under minimal supervision
- Ability to work with wide range of people, in several locations
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel up to 10%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.