Manager, Enterprise Information Management
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Manager, Enterprise Information Management, is responsible for the end-to-end Master Data program, from shaping the approach to achieve the desired outcomes through to delivery. The position involves working across diverse business areas of Engineering, Operations, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and corporate functions. The focus is on defining the master data management program, including strategy, data governance principles, processes & tools to improve data quality, governance, and fidelity using and implementing a major MDM platform, such as Informatica. Coordinating projects and resource management within the global program, stakeholder and sponsor communications, and reporting requirements.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Leads the development of the overall approach for the program, its major time frames, and the definition of its major deliverables to address and meet the desired goals and outcomes.
- Partners with the program sponsor to communicate program goals, objectives and potential outcomes.
- Leads regular interactions with the program sponsor to inform, alert, negotiate and maintain a continuing good relationship and shared vision for the program outcome.
- Establishes and ensures appropriate governance functions for the program in accordance with enterprise policies, practices and on behalf of the responsible owner.
- Directs the creation and maintenance of the required program documentation and artifacts.
- Develops and controls the program budget, and manages expenditure within agreed spending plans.
- Ensures and balances the availability of the required skills and competencies across project teams within the program.
- Leads reviews with the sponsor and stakeholders to identify organic or specific program needs and changes, and directs the development of appropriate approaches to address.
- Leads the development and maintenance of stakeholder mapping, communications and reporting.
- Acts as an advisor, and builds and maintains relationships across the wider stakeholder community.
- Leads the oversight of program projects’ execution, their progress compared with the plan and the production of agreed deliverables.
- Monitors and coordinates dependencies across the projects in the program, and resolves conflicts.
- Directs or approves the establishment of a framework or guidelines for the use of contractors and professional service providers, and determines their use across the program.
- Champions program goals and objectives across the organization
- Mobilizes others within and outside the program to support and enable change efforts within individual initiatives/projects
- Inspires, motivates and guides team members
- Fosters commitment, team spirit, pride and trust
- Allocates team roles and accountabilities
- Manages conflict swiftly toward a win-win solution
Business Acumen and Knowledge of the Organization
- Solicits information on the organization’s direction, goals, and strategy to determine how the program can best add value to the organization and its objectives
- Makes decisions and recommendations for the program that are clearly linked to the organization’s strategy and financial goals, reflecting an awareness of external dynamics
- Resolves issues at or near the program’s boundaries rapidly and in a context-driven manner
- Communicates program objectives in a persuasive manner that builds support, agreement or commitment
- Takes actions that directly or indirectly influence others to create program buy-in, gain trust, and motivate others or win concessions without damaging relationships
Strategic Planning and Thinking
- Develops program plans that meet the architecture/technology needs of the organization
- Applies external and internal factors to program formulation and development
- Business priorities, strategies, and goals
- Emerging technologies
- Industry trends
- Economically viable program approaches
- Solicits advice, support, championship, sponsorship, and commitment to program success across the organization
- Procures and maintains support from key stakeholders in the organization to deliver the program deliverables and outcomes
- Builds formal and informal professional networks, and extends these networks within, across and outside organizational boundaries
- Sets challenging goals and achieves them
- Resolves cross-project dependency issues and problems among the project managers swiftly
- Sets appropriate standards for the program
- Ensures that results are achieved throughout the program and not only at the end
- Demonstrates resourcefulness and takes calculated risks to achieve results
Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, or a related field.
- 10 or more years of experience in IT business/industry
- Five to seven years in diverse roles with increasing leadership responsibilities across major projects and programs
- 3-5 years’ experience using and implementing a leading MDM platform, preferably Informatica
- Demonstrated experience in managing “upward” among senior leadership
- Demonstrated experience in leading diverse teams
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate the program objectives, inspire and motivate staff, and maintain alignment with the business strategy.
- A high degree of political sensitivity, astuteness and the ability to use the informal power structure of the organization to achieve program success and overcome obstacles.
- A high level of empathy and the ability to vary styles of interaction to match the needs of a variety of temperaments and personalities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain and “sell” the program goals and objectives to the business, as well as technical leadership.
- Strong business acumen, including industry- and domain-specific knowledge of the organization and its business units. Familiarity with industry trends and innovation.
- Influencing and negotiation experience and skills in an environment with high competition for resources.
- Excellent analytical, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Ability to develop programs and deliver them with financial and resource constraints.
- Experience with at least one project/program management methodology, such as:
- The Project Management Institute’s Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMI PMBOK)
- Experience across a range of project types.
- Knowledge of project planning tools, such as Microsoft Project and Project Server, with evidence of practical application.
- Deep understanding of:
- Current and emerging technologies
- How other organizations are employing current and emerging technologies to drive digital business
- How other organizations can use current and emerging technologies to drive digital business.
- 3-5 years’ experience defining and implementing data governance best practices at the enterprise level.
- Familiarity with industry tools like Informatica, desired.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
- Travel: 25%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.