Intern - Communications (Social Media) - Summer 2021
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role Xylem seeks to hire a Communications Intern for the Summer of 2021. The successful candidate will have knowledge of business, technology and environmental management research and trends, and experience in identifying compelling topics of interest and carrying them forward through the creation of thought-provoking think pieces that advance industry knowledge. Candidates will also have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that project initiatives are met. If you are excited and passionate to work on state-of-the art technology trends with a sharp focus on creating economic and social value, we want to hear from you!
We want someone who/with:
- Is attending an accredited University studying toward a Bachelor’s degree in Business/Marketing, or a related field. A background in environmental science and/or public policy is a plus.
- Interest in social media and competitive research.
- Experience in and passion for resource and environmental management and sustainability
- In-depth experience in research, benchmarking and analysis; and identifying and providing fresh perspective on resource management trends and innovation
- Depth of knowledge and confidence to bring forward compelling topics for thought leadership that distinguish and elevate the Xylem brand. Ability to develop ideas into fulsome thought leadership materials that advance knowledge among key stakeholders
- Ability to interview and interface with senior leaders within and outside the organization
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills, and is comfortable with engaging others and asking questions
- Has good technical and organizational skills
- Is fluent in social media and can create digital content
- Has the ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
Contributions you will make to Xylem:
- Provide a key role in driving Xylem thought leadership and helping the enterprise advance the global conversation about solving water through industry-leading technologies and innovation
- Identify, analyze and track key trends for use in key thought leadership collateral
- Brainstorm new and compelling ways to tell the story of how Xylem is driving the digital transformation of water
- Assist corporate marketing and communications in developing thought leadership materials across platforms: print, digital, video, etc.
- Help organize and align thought leadership assets across key areas of the business. Maintain and keep up to date event documents and agendas
- Other tasks as assigned
What you will gain from the experience:
- Experience working directly with senior business, marketing and communications executives
- Gain a deeper understanding of solutions and products in the utility market
- Exposure to and an understanding of integrated marketing programs and how they support the business
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.