Director of Marketing, Water Utilities - Americas
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks a Director of Marketing – Water Utilities Americas to work in collaboration with Sales, Product management, and other Marketers, to drive profitable growth in the water utilities market segment focusing on the transportation and treatment of water and waste water involving the brands Flygt, Godwin, Goulds Water Technology, Leopold, Sanitaire and Wedeco. This is a +$400M market vertical with tremendous opportunity for growth. Lead a team that includes three Business Development Managers and one Demand Generation
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Responsible for all aspects of the Vertical market including defining and executing:
- Demand and lead generation strategies (Acquire)
- Customer retention strategies including managing new promoter score (Retain)
- Develop and execute an overall market growth plan (Grow)
- Building relationships with sales and industry groups that will enable growth (Develop)
- Market intelligence gathering and analysis strategies (Intel)
- Educational strategy for sales and other internal and external stakeholders
- Identify strategic accounts for the vertical and work with Sales on defining and implementing the appropriate coverage and service.
- Responsible for developing and ensuring the successful implementation of the vertical marketing strategies and initiatives.
- Develops the vertical marketing processes including: strategic plan, marketing plan, and communication and ensures execution in each region.
- Uses marketing intelligence to identify trends, opportunities, competitor activity, customer needs and identify areas of competitive advantage to grow current and potential markets.
- Defines the optimal path to profitable growth within the vertical, including geographic expansion, development, and the pursuit of adjacent sub verticals. Drive to achieve the regional revenue and margin goals for the assigned segment. Develop and execute the regional segment strategic growth plan through a value based segmentation and alternatives analysis, including new product development, emerging market expansion, emerging technology, trends or acquisition opportunities.
- Closely collaborates with Product Managers and sales colleagues to identify key accounts to gather VOC for new products.
- Works closely with sales leadership to foster and optimize existing channels, and develop new routes to market as appropriate.
- Gather and provide segment intelligence to Xylem and appropriate leadership.
- Collaborates with regional Demand Generation Managers and Marcom leaders, to ensure that marketing plans and campaigns are seamlessly aligned with the vertical strategy and Goal Deployment Plan, in the most cost-efficient way. Ensures alignment and coordination with the Business Units Marcom activity.
- Engages with industry associations and professional organizations to provide thought leadership.
- Reviews Net Promoter Score response data and determine appropriate actions to feed into Marketing Plan.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering
- +20 years relevant working experience including leading teams
- Industry knowledge required (public and/or private water utilities)
- MBA preferred
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.