Director, Emerging Markets Tax
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Director Emerging Markets Tax will lead Xylem’s tax function in the eastern hemisphere outside Europe.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Serve as tax lead and primary point of contact for Emerging Markets finance and business operations (Asia, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Middle East)
- Lead and provide strategic advice with respect to Emerging tax audits and transfer pricing issues
- Provide tax advice with respect to financing
- Develop, coordinate and execute tax planning initiatives / mergers and acquisitions impacting Emerging Markets
- Optimize legal entity structure in Emerging Markets, collaborating with Legal and other stakeholders
- Perform legal and tax research / analysis
- Direct and manage tax consultants; lead one direct report and two indirect reports
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 8+ years of tax experience focused on corporate and international tax
- Broad understanding of tax laws in Emerging Market locations, particularly China, Singapore, and Australia
- Good understanding of statutory and US GAAP tax accounting
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or law degree required
- Experience with US based multinationals
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese
- Masters degree in Taxation / CPA or Law Degree preferred
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office work
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
- Standard for salaried employees with ability to manage some variation in work demands day to day and month to month.
- Travel up to 10 - 25%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.