Customer Experience Team Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
We are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through our Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues. Innovation, diversity and inclusion are also key to our culture.
Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. We develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: The Customer Experience Team Manager will work and coach a virtual team to provide legendary technical and commercial support to a large customer base. This position will be responsible for managing through Customer Support Supervisors, the Customer Support team that performs a variety of sales related support and assistance for both internal and external customers. Has accountability for the performance and results of a regional team. Ensuring day-to-day success of the Customer Support team and operational continuous improvement activities. Interprets and executes policies and procedures that typically affect subordinate organizational units. Recommends modifications to operating policies. Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Develops improvement plans in response to customer surveys. Decisions and problem-solving are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from senior manager.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Guidance Given/Assignments Received: Assignments are received in task and objective-oriented terms. Provides direction to subordinates based on general policies and management guidance. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Policy Involvement: Interprets and executes policies and procedures that typically affect subordinate organizational units. Recommends modifications to operating policies. Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Decisions and problem-solving are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from senior manager.
- Supervisory Relationships: Accomplishes results through lower level subordinate supervisors or through experienced exempt employees who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Operations Involvement/Direct Work Involvement: Responsible for managing and coordinating the operations of the regional team. Administer and balance call work loads. Develop and monitor the application of operating systems including policies and procedures, operating structure, and information flow. Ensure the volume of work produced meets product/service standards and exceeds quality standards. Develop and implement Customer Support indicators/metrics in order to assure excellence in Customer Support. Defines continuous improvement strategy for the regional team.
- Impact: Ensures that good customer relations are maintained and customer claims and complaints are resolved fairly, effectively and in accordance with the laws (for regional team). Develops organization-wide initiatives to proactively inform and educate customers. Develops improvement plans in response to customer surveys.
- Liaison: Majority of liaison is on internal basis with subordinates and managers at equivalent level or one level higher. Liaison normally involves a combination of ensuring day-to-day success of the Customer Support team and operational continuous improvement activities.
- Scope: Manages professional/exempt employees and/or supervisors or supervises large, complex customer support team(s). Has accountability for the performance and results of a regional teams.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Willingness and ability to provide superior customer service at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers, coworkers and management team
- Strong teamwork and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and the use of computer applications.
- Bachelor Degree in relevant field or the equivalent work experience
- 5-7+ years’ of relevant experience
- 1-3+ years’ experience in managing a team
- Bilingual (French and English)
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: 50%
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.