Business Development Director AWS EMEA
Overview of Xylem
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The incumbent in this role will lead the effort to define and execute growth strategies in the EMEA region in close collaboration with the product management organization, commercial and marketing teams in order to drive profitable growth and margin performance across all targeted segments. The incumbent also has the responsibility to lead, coach and build the capabilities of Business Development Managers within AWS EMEA
- Implement and drive strategies to achieve regional revenue and margin goals for the targeted market segments (Residential and Commercial Building Service, Industry, Public Utilities, Agriculture)
- On an annual basis, deliver the regional segment strategic plan to senior leadership, and on a semi-annual basis, update the team on the progress of the plan’s execution.
- Work closely with sales and marketing leadership to foster and optimize existing channels and develop new routes to market
- Engage with industry associations and professional organizations and feed relevant trends and information back to the organization
- Collaborate with regional sales teams to develop and deepen key accounts, OEMs and channel partners relationships
- Engage in identifying and closing significant order opportunities
- Drive the definition and control the implementation of the segments’ pricing strategy and policies in the region’s routes to market in close collaboration with Product Management and Commercial Team
- Plan, drive and monitor the development and execution of strategic initiatives and ensure AWS EMEA strategic plans are aligned with the global growth plans.
- Working with the technology/innovation and product management groups, identify and assess emerging technology opportunities and trends, and fold into the regional segment strategy, new product development and acquisition pipelines as appropriate
- Gather and provide segment intelligence including Voice of customers and key competitor information to Xylem and growth center leadership
- Define and execute in collaboration with Product Management and Marketing a segment-based marketing communications strategy for the targeted segments
- Build the capability of own team in leadership, coaching and mentoring, sales strategy and increase ready now successors in the team.
EDUCATION / REQUIRED SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- BS/BA degree in Marketing/Engineering or equivalent experience
- A Master Degree in Business Administration would be beneficial
- 15 years of experience in business development and sales
- Deep customer facing experience, and a track record of building and expanding customer relationships
- International assignment or significant international business experience required
- Breaking Down Complexity
- Driving for Growth
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Strategic thinking and ability to think outside of the box
- Ability to develop business by leveraging internal or external resources
- Ability to achieve results within matrix organization
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Customer Responsiveness & intimacy
- Compliance Stewardship
- Sales strategy and planning
- Leading people and teams
- Managing change
- Market knowledge
- Mastery of financial principles and how to manage budgets
- Mastery of effective communication skills to impact and influence people
- Have a problem solving approach with strong sense of urgency
- Intelligent risk taking while managing risk
- Managerial courage and willing to make hard, fact based decisions
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- English proficient level, other European languages (German, French) are a plus
- Experience of sales and marketing reporting activities at senior level.
- Experience of managing business development or sales teams, and controlling results in the Building Services and/or Industrial and/or Public Utilities markets. Knowledge of different kind of product, clients and sales environment in the own market.
- Experience in Building Services and/or Industrial and/or Public Utilities applications
- Experience of implementing marketing and strategic sales plans in wide areas and with big teams.
- Comfortable with working in a changing and dynamic environment.
- Experience to work with distribution partners, OEMs and Contractors/Consultants
- Capacity to mentor and coach team members
- Capacity to negotiate and review contract in collaboration with commercial teams and customers
The role will be based in: Schaffhausen (CH) or other European cities preferably near a major airport