Human Resource Business Partner
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Human Resource Business Partner is a hands-on role that delivers full cycle Human Resources services enabling the organization to attract, manage, develop and retain colleagues to meet customer needs and achieve business objectives. This role provides internal customer support and drives HR functional excellence and process improvement. As a member of the HR Team this role requires strong team collaboration across businesses and geography.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Maintains a deep understanding of all HR programs and policies and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Leads the implementation and execution of various human resources processes and procedures for employees for the full employee lifecycle (hire to retire).
- Responsible of the onboarding process of the new employees. Coordinate as necessary with the recruiting team for certain portions of the process. The onboarding process will occasionally include relocation and immigration support and coordination.
- Responsible for the administration and communication of all benefit plans to employees, including annual enrollment process. Serve as liaison and employee advocate as required and assist in resolving concerns and questions.
- Assists with union related functions at the facility to include labor agreement preparation, contract interpretation and compliance.
- Conduct internal audits for ISO, Pension Plans, etc to ensure compliance for HR related matters.
- Responsible for managing and resolving employee relations issues, including support of performance improvement plan development and delivery as required; conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations as required; coaches, counsels and guides managers and employees on performance management best practices.
- Responsible for taking a hands-on approach and successfully monitoring the “pulse” of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement. Acts as a valued and trusted partner for employees.
- Consistently applies lean principles, a continuous improvement mindset and ensures standard work is maintained. Leverages & integrates technology to increase productivity, performance & engagement and facilitates an employee self-service environment.
- In partnership with Talent Acquisition COE and hiring managers, manages recruitment efforts from initiation of the requisition through interviews and offer development
- Supports Affirmative Action Program; coordinates local outreach and inclusion and diversity efforts.
- Maintains a strong understanding of benefit programs and well-being initiatives and acts as first point of contact for benefit related questions.
- Facilitate the implementation and guidance of current performance management systems to include succession development plans & improvement plans for assigned supporting functions
- Coaches managers on compensation programs, systems and best practice allocations in the administration of compensation allocations.
- Maintains/updates employee data in HR Information Systems and participates in the development and implementation of new systems.
- Leads and/or serves on project teams as assigned.
- Build productive relationships with managers within the facility.
- Acts as an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field.
- 3 or more years of directly related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices of human resources, state and federal labor laws and regulations
- Strong working knowledge of compensation, benefits, employee relations, organizational development, and training
- Ability to act independently and quickly solve problems, make decisions with a strong customer oriented focus
- Embraces change and demonstrates ability to operate as an agent of change
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; HRIS Systems (preferably Workday and ADP)
- Strong Business Acumen
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written & verbal), and customer service skills
- Green Belt Certification/Continuous Improvement Experience
- Affirmative Action Plan and Positive Outreach experience
- Experience working in a large manufacturing union environment
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.