Senior Application Security Engineer
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: As member of security technologies team, the Senior Security Engineer is responsible for the identifying and fixing vulnerabilities in software and applications on all Sensus products.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Champion the Sensus’s product security SDLC. This includes security testing, penetration testing, and security bug fixes.
- Perform vulnerability research, assessment and management , serve as technical security/risk advisor on all new technology/developed by Sensus
- Perform threat modeling, static application security testing, code reviews, and secure design reviews for high risk applications.
- Automate security testing using a variety of scripting and open source tools
- Implement or manage the implementation of common application security controls, ensuring that practices meet software certification processes
- Assist developers in remediating vulnerability findings by providing line-by-line guidance.
- Provide training and education to developers on software security best practices.
- Develop testing and auditing of Cloud computing, and Big Data platforms
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BSCS or equivalent with 6+ years’ experience
- Security audit, Vulnerability assessment and packet analysis skills
- Strong operating systems knowledge – Windows (all flavors), Red Hat Linux, Solaris
- Strong project planning and execution skills
- A rigorous approach to analyzing and resolving complex technical problems
- Good analytical and debugging skills; strong software aptitude and creative ability.
- Scripting knowledge – Linux scripting (bash), Windows scripting, Python or Perl
- Database knowledge – Postgres, MSSql, Oracle
- Programming knowledge – Java, C#
- Good organizational skills.
- Self-motivated; ability to work under general supervision; receptive and supportive of team efforts.
- Expertise in either Cloud computing security and/or Big data security
- Forensic analysis skills
- CISSP, or another security certification
- Excellent written & oral communication skills and coordination with peers, end-users, and management
- Experience in AWS cloud security, especially container based systems such as Kubernetes and/or Docker
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.