Commercial Finance Senior Analyst DACH (m/w/d) 2019/39
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Analyze product sales & profitability trends to support pricing and investment decisions, analyze revenue growth
• Perform weekly Flash reports, key sales & orders analysis , backlog analysis, and other monthly/ ad hoc reporting/ KPIs/ KBMs to monitor progress towards maximizing sales, standard margin performances; highlighting and analyzing unexpected variances; proactively identifying and mitigating risks; and finding and executing opportunities to achieve or exceed business commitments.
• Understand weekly Flash changes, challenge as appropriate, develop countermeasures to ensure attainment of financial goals
• Work with EU Commercial Marketing Intelligence Team to develop periodical Forecast / Op Plans and Budgets.
• Work with EU Service and Rental Manager to drive improvements in profitability of the service and rental business. Drive accuracy, consistency, and completeness of service reporting in EU. Ensure completeness and accuracy of Phase 3 reporting
• Support Credit & collections in execution of strategies. Work with Credit & collections and validate specific requirements for potential Bad Debts coverages
• Drive accuracy and completeness of reporting by product line & destination.
• Analysis of market and sales channel performance (e.g. direct vs. indirect), understanding growth opportunities
• Preparation of Monthly and Quarterly internal reports and presentations to all levels of management and employees regarding sales and margin trends
• Analyze Controllabe costs for CT Austria and Germany. Drive performance as per Budget & Forecast. Provide Variance analysis explanation
Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Fluent in English and German
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and 1S (preferred) skills
- Experience in US GAAP
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- 2+ years in role with international multi countries responsibility
- Business Objects or Access experience