1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire an Assembler. The Assembler is responsible for producing and assembling cooling and heating coils according to specifications.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Reads and follows shop orders, specifications and other instructions in order to build and assemble parts in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Ability to be trained and certified to operate overhead cranes while moving and assembling product.
- Performs any assembly-type functions, using hand or power tools.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships within the company.
- Commits to performing job duties in a manner that ensures a safe work environment.
- Willingly and cooperatively performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Must be able to wear protective gear and equipment.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- At least 1 year experience in assembly or construction preferred.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Frequent heavy lifting up to 50 pounds
- Full range of physical motions associated with general labor work continually throughout 8 hours
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Shop/warehouse environment: intermittent exposure to all outdoor weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop noise and fumes all within limits of OSHA standards
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.