Product Manager, Global Water Product Management
We’re Hiring for a Product Manager, Global Water Product Management!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Product Manager, Global Water Product Management who will be responsible for leading product development projects as part of the Global Water Product Management team. He/she will primarily be focused on building upon and expanding our global product offerings, in close collaboration with the existing global product team members.
The Product Manager, Global Water Product Management is responsible for managing, developing and driving profitable business growth, by being a part of an integrated team of product managers to perform full lifecycle management over the suite of the global water portfolio, as well as new product development through the XPD process. In partnership with Vertical Marketing, he/she will lead the targeting and positioning strategy within defined market segments and develop product roadmaps to align and achieve these strategies. In addition to new product development, the Product Manager, Global Water Product Management will manage all aspects of the product line, including prioritization of Value Engineering projects, SKU rationalization, product pricing strategies & proposals, competitor analysis and Mergers & Acquisitions. Finally, he/she will partner closely with both sales and marketing communication to develop training and marketing materials, and successfully lead our go to market strategies.
We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Assists in the development of product roadmap(s) covering positioning and value proposition, per product line, to serve as input into product development resource allocation, business development, and communications
- Manages the execution of the multi-year roadmap for the global product lines including; new product development, value improvements, product introductions, ongoing marketing, product support and service
- Collaborate effectively with Vertical Marketing team to develop local launch plans that will empower sales (product launches, application areas, product brand thought leadership)
- Assigns and take ownership of the XPD process by actively driving and participating in the tollgate process: by developing the business case, PAR, product specification etc. with the understanding of customer and market needs
- Understands and specifies market requirements and market and technology trends for current and future products by conducting product related market research supported by Voice of Customer received through on-going visits to customers and other stakeholders
- Framing the vertical offer, in a collaborative way with key stakeholders, by packaging the product, solutions and services e.g. developing offer per application and framing applicable value proposition per vertical
- Monitors competition with respect to market performance, product portfolio and product performance
- Maintains competitive mapping of strengths and weaknesses of major competitors and understands their “go to market” strategy
- Develops strategic plan for products, pricing, and offerings to achieve long term revenue and margin targets
- Understanding and providing data for the S&OP forecast, ownership of global product sales and margin plan. If targets are not met, executes on the countermeasures
- Collaborates with local Sales and Marketing teams to understand rationale behind wins and losses and market trends; Carefully follows up sales, orders and standard margin with the aim to reach targets, if not identify and drive actions to close the gap
- Provide strategic pricing guidelines across markets and within the overall vertical, including Price Lists, as well as specific product/segment-focused efforts
- Manage the product life cycle (launch to end-of-life) strategy and execution including identifying “sweet spot” applications in the market verticals by ensuring competitiveness of products (costs, features, price) by developing relevant business cases for decision making
- Manage the entire product life cycle through phase-out, all while keeping the product line competitive
- Having a broad understanding of the competitors in the industry on a high-level financial level as well as product offering
- Drive and execute product launches according to the product marketing launch process in close collaboration with the Vertical Marketing, Commercial Teams and Communications. Being responsible for resource allocation, keeping the timeline, and all preparation to do a proper launch in time e.g. strategic pricing, product availability, training material and plan, information in product selection and configuration programs, communications material etc.
- Identify and execute value engineering opportunities to make sure optimization of the product lines.
- Participates in technical meetings, conferences, workshops, industry days, trade shows and association events
- Active participation in the development of sales tools and ensure its product data is updated.
- Develop business cases, when required, as the foundation for product brand decisions
- Thought leadership activities (e.g. white papers) by developing content and/or presenting
- Develop appealing, and where possible, a quantified, value proposition which is validated through market research, voice of the customer, and other data inputs
- Collaborates with Sales, Vertical Marketing, and R&D to drive next generation value propositions by a rigorously understanding of the VOC
- Develop complete internal communication package e.g. product release notes
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution, or equivalent
- Graduate degree in Business Administration is preferred. Master’s degree in Business Administration is desirable
- Familiarity with radio equipment and RF network design principles and practice
- 7+ years’ previous experience in product management
- Experience working in a global team in a matrix organization
- Excellent computer, communication, presentation, management and analytical skills. Be able to resolve difficult technical and business issues.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem-solving skills in order to effectively work with customers, business partners, staff and management from a variety of skill levels as well as different authority levels
- Ability to understand technical issues and understand impact on projects, and effectively communicate these issues and impact to direct reports and stakeholders
- Flexibility in terms of dealing with changing priorities and dealing with multiple projects simultaneously
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is a standard office environment. The position requires the employee to regularly sit, stand, reach, bend or move about the facility. The standard weekly job hours is 40 hours. Expected travel is about 50%.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.