Treatment Service Engineer
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Treatment Service Engineer and Account Manager is a key role within the UK&I Service Business, the role is intended to be a multifaceted one which incorporates service, Treatment service, account management and project engineering responsibilities into one role.
The primary responsibilities will be to work with our customers to develop service / aftermarket opportunities and then either directly undertake those activities or project manage sub-contractors to undertake the service activities on our behalf.
Continuous improvement of our aftermarket business through a key account management approach is essential to improve our customers’ experience. This role will work alongside the existing Treatment aftermarket team to develop aftermarket opportunities, undertake aftermarket and service work and manage small projects to deliver aftermarket and service work.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Undertake Treatment service activities on all Treatment brands (Flygt, Leopold, Sanitaire and Wedeco) with key focus being on Sanitaire,
- Support service team across the UK&I with service activities as and when required, to include equipment cleaning, first line maintenance, fault finding and emergency call out,
- Work closely with Treatment Aftermarket Manager to develop aftermarket strategy for roll out of Sanitaire (Aeration and Blowers) applications,
- Provide the highest level of H&S standards from planning and undertaking own work, managing sub-contractors on site and have the ability to act as Site Supervisor on a CDM site,
- In conjunction with the wider Treatment and sales team work with existing and new customers to develop opportunities for installed base,
- Undertake plant audits on installed base with customer to identify sweet spots for aftermarket opportunities,
- Anticipated split between service work and aftermarket business development / account management is 50% / 50%, this may change according to mix of work,
- Assist the company in maintaining the highest possible standards of Compliance, Ethics and EHS&Q at all times.
- Interfacing across the business with all departments,
- Working closely with Growth Centre to innovate how we deliver Sanitaire aftermarket,
- Share customer success stories.
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Inspiring accountability
- Problem solving
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Ideally a degree engineering, business or equivalent,
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical / mechanical systems and proven competence of work safely on electrical systems,
- Preferably experience/background in engineering, project management or customer service
- Excellent organisation skills with ability to manage several live projects at one time,
- Experience in managing a wide range of operational KPIs